what are you injecting into your turkey?

birgey

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I'm thinking a mixture of buttah, apple juice,a little chicken broth,and maybe a little seasoning.

in the past, I've used the store bought Cajun/creole butter. this year I made my own. 1lb unsalted REAL butter, 3/4 cup all natural/no additive apple juice and a dose of tony chachere's salt free seasoning. melted the butter and skimmed the solids off the top. then added the apple juice and seasoning(didn't measure it out, just kinda put some in there). then put it all in a jar and into the fridge(this was sunday). I made it early because I wanted to give the butter a few days to really soak up the flavor of the seasoning. tonight, I warmed up the mix and injected half of it into the bird(about 13.5lbs). I plan to use the remainder to baste over the turkey a time or two while cooking.

tip-if you use this recipe for injection, bear in mind, it likes to separate quickly. I had to stir it with a spoon then draw the fluid into the injector quickly each time I filled the injector. also, if you make it early like I did, it will also separate when cooled leaving a very thick top layer(butter) and thinner lower layer(juice) so don't panic.

Brined the bird... Rub all over with butter mixed with seasonings... Seperate skin from breast and thighs, put butter mixture under skin with thyme added... Smoke til done

Maple-Bourbon brine. Had extra space in the Horizon, so I threw a couple butts on as well.

i'm using the Cajun Injector creole butter. Never tried it before but have heard good things.

Butter and chicken broth with a tad of Tony Chacheres added.

I went the easy route and injected with store bought Tony C's creole butter.

Nothing ,Cause the bird i have is Enhanced .Now if it were uninhanced kosher bird i inject with Creole Butter and Maple Syrup.

Have a great Turkey Day Folk's.
Shalom !!!

Trying this one today. Got it from the Team Traeger site.

1 cup good-quality chicken stock, preferably low-sodium
3 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 sprig each of rosemary, thyme, marjoram, and parsley, or substitute 1/2 teaspoon of finely ground poultry seasoning
1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon finely ground black pepper

The bird looks lonely on the Shirley :)

20141127_081732_zps88c3c180.jpg

i'm using the Cajun Injector creole butter. Never tried it before but have heard good things.

Been using it for years.. the injector that comes with it gets cleaned up and saved for reuse during the rest of the year

Back