Chicken marinade sauce and rub reviews *** thanks IamMadMan

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Recently i was gifted several rubs and marinades by our very own IamMadMan.

Here's the details

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=237399

This was the package sent to me

Last night i did a chicken cook using each item individually so i could get a feel for each item and review them here.

The cornell and spiedie sauce required a 24 hr soak.

I used my normal tactic of a mayo slather for the rubs

All the parts were cook on my standard cooker for poultry... the 007 wood fired drum

Heres how each item faired

The Stubbs chicken spice rub.

sugary rub had an herby smell, reminded me of how poultry season smells.

This one was good. Id give it a positive review. Its readily available around here. The Stubbs really feels like a chicken rub.

Oakridge Secret Weapon pork and chicken rub

This rub was sweet, using fresh top quality ingredients, like all of Oakridges products

The secret weapon gave the chicken a beautiful red color. Flavor was sweet and had a bbq feel. This will replace my current sweet chicken rub.

Both rubs were good but Oakridge takes the head to head.

The marinades were basted on the parts. No other seasoning was used.

The Cornell style chicken sauce

This ones a classic. Nothing really stands out on the smell and flavor pre cook

The sauce really cooked into the meat here. The skin even had a different texture. Nothing really bold here flavor wise.

The Spiedie sauce.

It smelled something like Italian dressing.

I was most surprised here. In hind sight i shouldn't have been. Italian dressing is a a longtime favorite and this has the same vibe. It gave the skin a nice crisp and color, there was plenty of flavor even without a seasoning rub.

I really liked the Spiedie sauce and so did everyone else. This is something i could incorporate into my chicken cooks.

Also in the package was a bottle of Sal's Sassy sauce. It has mustard, vinegar, orange juice....it was very good. As soon as we tried we kept naming thing it would be good on, a mark of a good sauce. I recieved the mild but it also comes in hot. I really like this sauce. It will make a great table sauce to put out for guests.

So the highlights were Oakridge Secret Weapon, the Spiedie sauce, and Sal's Sassy.

I learned plenty from this cook. It's a good idea to see what each item does individual.

Next cook ill use some items in conjuction with others.

Thanks again Bob.

Sa-Weet!!! Awesome of you Bob!

Good looking chow Steve.

Awesome looking chicken. Great comparison Steve, glad you enjoyed the items.....

You are right, Sal's Sassy Sauce is great, it brings a different element of flavor to the chicken......

Nice cook and thanks for the review, very helpful!

Way to go Bob, you really did a great job of picking the right ones!

Great review and some great looking bird!

I need to get off my lazy butt and put some of Bob's sauce/marinade gifts to use.

Back