This place has ruined me my wife says

bstomper

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Ever since I found this forum I can't walk past a drum of any size or shape with out visualizing how I can use it for a smoker or bbq. It drives my wife crazy. All I gotta say is ..... Thank you guys. I love it

Since most of my life has been building/making things. My wife knows I am always in the planning stages of building a new improved smoker/grill ( also making new fishing stuff or modifying my boat). Just takes them awhile to get used to it and accept it. She knows, so far the food either keeps getting better and better with each build or mod or makes life for me easier. She just doesn't like them all sitting around, that's why I have 3 out on loan. :mrgreen: That part she doesn't get, having so many smokers. Also, when we both retire and move, there will be a 60X120 barn ( or close to that size) for all my stuff and shop area.:twitch:
Welcome to the addiction and I do mean addiction.

The thing my wife likes best about the whole thing is she doesn't have to cook as often because I am always experimenting. Oh yeah she also likes the food too

Patience, now my wife wants me to build another drum, says turkey was better on the drum.

You just getting started, but the addiction is solid!

Just hang in there. It will get worse if you play your cards right:grin:

My wife is tired of me running to the charcoal section to see the price of Kingsford Bluebag every time we walk in a store. She has already accepted the half hour plus I spend in the meat section. It will get worse.....enjoy. :wink:

I cant walk around my work without seeing a smoker here, a pizza oven there, and a UDS in the corner. Already made a UDS from work leftovers, a cold smoker box w trays for smoking malt and a Vortex for the Weber. Then there is a big Safe that no one has the keys or combination to (its open). Eventually she will be an off set vertical! My friend told me, "You want to turn everything into a smoker!" Of course he also sees no problem with that.

Addiction for real. But my wife has backed off since I quit brewing beer and playing in bands too. I used to come home and go straight to work on one of the three every night after coming home from work. Well, you can see which one I haven't given up on!

The first rule of BBQ Brethren is you do not talk about BBQ Brethren.

I really got into BBQ back in 2012. My wife says the same thing. "I swear all you think about is bbq". I do t think that's a bad deal

Mine didnt have a problem with it at first. Then I slowly started acquiring more "toys" then she got a lil grumpy. But in the end she likes the food and realizes my hobby/addiction could be worse!

That's hilarious - you're not alone.

I look into stranger's yards to see what kind of grills might be lurking...

My wife loves my bbq so it works great :-D. Hobbies that make me happy make her happy.

Ever since I found this forum I can't walk past a drum of any size or shape with out visualizing how I can use it for a smoker or bbq. It drives my wife crazy. All I gotta say is ..... Thank you guys. I love it

Oh i assure you the madness has only begun!!!!! You are in the initial stages..
Yep, first it's not being able to walk by a drum without visualizing it as a smoker but eventually it progresses to trash dumpsters, the trunks of cars and farm implements sitting in the middle of cow pastures! Really, nothing that's made out of steel is safe!LOL!!!:-D

Wasn't sure where "ruined" was heading. This with a BC powder will get you thru until such time as your significant other is not only on board but wanting to drive

Last edited:
A few years back my wife told me I own 7 smokers and that was enough.
I said you own about 30 pairs of shoes as well as purses. I said don't even go there.
She said your right. End of story.

Back