Brisket Sunday with new CyberQ and CyberCook

Mrfish

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Ron
I received my CyberQ this week minus the fan adapter that is backordered. I was chomping at the bits to play with it though, so decided to do an all night cook with using the temp probes only and my IQ120 to run the pit at 225. The CyberQ did a great job broadcasting the pit and meat temps. I placed one probe in the point and one in the thickest part of the flat.

After playing with some of the apps for my iphone, I settled on Cybercook. Pretty easy to figure out the settings. Only thing I have to figure out still is have it not alarm during the ramp up due to thinking pit temp was low. Holy crap the alarm scared my wife pretty good thinking there was a tornado or something... no doubt in my mind I would NOT sleep through anything if something alarmed out! Kind of like a nuclear melt down warning.

Brisket cooked all night at 225 unwrapped. I wanted a tough bark, and I got it. The Quebec beef spic I used gave the bark a nice flavor with a little heat. I woke up a few times and peaked at my phone, and all was going steady. When point reached 195 the flat was at 190. I checked it and point was probe tender but flat was still a bit of resistance. Gave it another hour and point was at 201 and flat was around 197 probe tender. The brisket was in the pit for about 14 hours. I am thinking it was around 15-16lbs.

Pulled and wrapped in foil, placed in Cambro for about three hours with a towel over it.

I am impressed with the CyberCook mini app. It has reports and graphs and you can export it in pdf format via email. Pretty cool to see exactly what the pit did while I was asleep. It did have a 20 degree spike in the middle of the night. The CyberQ give me the confidence to see what is going on via my iphone or laptop and look forward to more overnight cooks.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 92
  • FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 91
  • FullSizeRender (3).jpg
    FullSizeRender (3).jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 92
Oh man that looks excellent! I recently got a Party Q and am still learning it. You seemed to have mastered your controller.

Toast, I saw your post. I ran this with my pitmaster IQ120 and it took a while figuring out how to dial it in. Closing ball valve on the Rebel 50% which damper setting on the fan depending on wind. All the little things add up. Even forgetting to latch the bottom latch makes my temp spike.

I am sure when I get my adaptor the learning curve will start again with the new fan and controller.

Back