THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
I'm thinking it's not normal to be leaking. Here is photo of drip pan.

BTW I purchased from a dealer assembled/delivered and filed the warranty info properly. Always interesting !!!!

Last edited:
Call the customer service and tell them what is up. I don't think it is normal at all.

I need to go to the dealer Monday or Tuesday to pick up some Ozark Oak. I just completed the Primo self cleaning process 500 degrees for 30". But it will be Monday or Tuesday. I'm going to brush and clean to see what I can see first. This thing hasn't been moved, all my cooks have been around 300 as I use two of my other cookers for grilling 99% of time. Its covered when not in use but if it got gunk in it I suppose it could leak out the bottom vent and run under. Interesting!!

Are you saying it is dripping from the top lid? Hard to tell from your pics.

If you just see dark water dripping from the top lid that is pretty normal. It's just condensation build up. It turns black from the charcoal. Happens to mine a lot in the spring and fall.

I've seen this several times with ceramic cookers. They Are pourous and they do "sweat"'from time to time. The stuff coming from the dome is very common. The stuff coming out the bottom is not as common but it certainly can happen. If you do a lot of butts/briskets with no drip pans, this can be an issue.

I think you are ok but I would definitely do the clean burn then clean it out and look for cracks. It happens- even on newer and gently used ceramic cookers.

Back