THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tortaboy

is Blowin Smoke!
I've got an XLbge in my backyard, but would I would like a rotisserie also. I really don't want a full size weber kettle to convert. I am looking for a Mini rotisserie that could cook maybe just two whole chickens.

Think Ronco sized, but for the outside using charcoal instead of electric.

Ever seen a commercial product like this?

probably the weber setup would be the easiest and possibly the cheapest.
i got pics and such and will check them out. saw one guy put a rotiss on his egg.

I expect these would go through the shell of your egg no problem. :thumb:

151250410-CaseOf5-02.jpg

My old Kamado had a Rotessorie setup. Here are a couple pictures for ideas for you. Seems like a good setup with a notch cut out of the ceramic base and a piece of metal formed into the slot cut outs.

Front of cooker

Picture075-1.jpg

Rear between hinges

Picture136.jpg

Only issue that I have not addressed yet is how to mount a bracket for the motor.

I've got an XLbge in my backyard, but would I would like a rotisserie also. I really don't want a full size weber kettle to convert. I am looking for a Mini rotisserie that could cook maybe just two whole chickens.

Think Ronco sized, but for the outside using charcoal instead of electric.

Ever seen a commercial product like this?

get 3 brackets something lilke these and bolt 2 of them together make an H shaped bracket, that you can slip on the edge of your egg..

ea844ff8-eefc-48c5-bae4-82820a704546_300.jpg

Drill 1 or more holes and file a u shaped hole in the top of the H -shaped one big enough to rest the handle end of your rotisserie rod..
attach the motor mount to the outside of the other U shaped bracket and slip that one down over the opposite side of your egg..
0006019760120_180X180.jpg

that way you do not have to modify your egg and after you use the rotisserie you just remove the brackets until next time..

get 3 brackets something lilke these and bolt 2 of them together make an H shaped bracket, that you can slip on the edge of your egg..

ea844ff8-eefc-48c5-bae4-82820a704546_300.jpg

Drill 1 or more holes and file a u shaped hole in the top of the H -shaped one big enough to rest the handle end of your rotisserie rod..
attach the motor mount to the outside of the other U shaped bracket and slip that one down over the opposite side of your egg..
0006019760120_180X180.jpg

that way you do not have to modify your egg and after you use the rotisserie you just remove the brackets until next time..

something like this..

Attachments

• rot brackets.jpg
    rot brackets.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 149
Good idea. I think I'm going to try this.

I'm curious how this works out for you. I like the idea, but it would still need some altering, I think. I would like the meat in the rotisserie to see some direct heat.
Keep us posted!

Back