THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HOG FAN

is one Smokin' Farker
My CyberQ wifi works flawlessly as a TC but I can't get it set up in ad hoc or infrastructure modes. I've tried to get it set up and connected to my iPad and iPhone in both modes with no luck. It shows up as a wifi option in settings and the CyberQ pages start to load and then it just locks up and does nothing. I've tried several times and reset everything multiple times and have achieved nothing other than frustration. Can the initial set up be done with an iPad or does it have to be a PC? I've searched the net but haven't found anything helpful so I thought I should just ask the experts.

If you are starting to see the CyberQ web page, it sounds like the your iPad or iPhone is seeing the CyberQ. What mobile browser are you using? I've been using Chrome on my iPhone with the CyberQ and it works fine.

Youll need it set to ad hoc mode. Restart the cyberQ. Write down the IP address it generates. Then on your iPad, pull up you wifi networks and you should see "my cyberQ wifi" as a device you can connect to. Select it, and then open safari and type in the IP address you wrote down earlier. It may ask for a login/password. You can find that on the bbq guru webpage. Believe it's something like abcdef:1234

It appears to be communicating and eventually will bring up main screen but if I select the system setup tab it takes several minutes and then I get this or something similar.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 140
I've reset the CyberQ, the router, the iPad and I'm not getting anywhere. I even read the directions a couple times :mrgreen:

What version is the firmware? You'll see that number on the CyberQ Wifi itself as it boots. Hopefully, you're on 1.7. Also, is your iPad up to date as far as Apple updates are concerned?

Time to call Guru tech support. If you can see the main screen but not others, something is wrong. reloading the firmware is probably required.

Time to call Guru tech support. If you can see the main screen but not others, something is wrong. reloading the firmware is probably required.

^^Exactly Untraceable^^ I emailed tech support and they replied that I had an incomplete firmware download. They sent me the file and instructions to remedy the problem and it seems to working as advertised now. Thanks for the help guys.:pray:

What version firmware are you running? Mine was doing the exact same thing running the latest version 1.7 firmware. IT would just hang...called Chuck at tech support and while describing the problem, I made mention of not being able to see the BBQ guru logo on any page. He immediately told me that they had received some bad boards in and that they had no way of knowing which were bad and had to wait for folks to call in. I was the first call. Sent back to them, got a new unit and it works as advertised now...I say "assume it works" as I'll be cooking with it for the first time this weekend.

What version firmware are you running? Mine was doing the exact same thing running the latest version 1.7 firmware. IT would just hang...called Chuck at tech support and while describing the problem, I made mention of not being able to see the BBQ guru logo on any page. He immediately told me that they had received some bad boards in and that they had no way of knowing which were bad and had to wait for folks to call in. I was the first call. Sent back to them, got a new unit and it works as advertised now...I say "assume it works" as I'll be cooking with it for the first time this weekend.

Mine is v1.7 as well and the Guru logo was missing too but all seems to be normal now with the reload. Like you I won't be sure until this weekend but everything loaded up and looked like it should.

I believe AdHoc mode was taken out of newer Apple products. Most of our customers now-a-days are just setting everything up in Infrastructure mode.

Most of the new phones and tablets have removed AdHoc mode. You have to set the Q up for Infrastructure mode and connect it to your wireless network to get them to work.

I believe AdHoc mode was taken out of newer Apple products. Most of our customers now-a-days are just setting everything up in Infrastructure mode.

It was fine on a 5c, but unsure of anything "above" that. Also, AdHoc mode was taken out of Windows 8 (maybe 7 and above...can't remember) too.

As a side note Dano, I ordered my guru from you guys, but BBQ guru asked me to send it back to them for a new unit. So, you may have some of the "bad boards" I referenced earlier.

Back