Saw an XXL Egg in Person (Pics)

It's really cool to see but that is where it ends for me. Thats one expensive cooker.

The two egg dealers near my house each have one of these on display. Think they were about the same price. Did you notice the special band with the serial number on it? I think it said #### out of 5000. So I think they made 5000 initially to see how they'll sell. I'd imagine most of them are sitting on display like this and are being used as attention getters.

Wow. So much bashing of the egg. If you like it and you have the funds more power to ya.

I think comparing the XXL egg to a SF cooker is like comparing apples and oranges.

Seems to me this site is becoming an advertising site for Shirley Fabrication.

Sorry, I never meant to hijack this thread by mentioning SF. I was just saying the XXL BGE was pricey. No offense was intended. I have several friends who are all about BGE's and I have had some great food from a BGE. I only meant that for my particular needs the XXL BGE was not a fit.

Wow. So much bashing of the egg. If you like it and you have the funds more power to ya.

I think comparing the XXL egg to a SF cooker is like comparing apples and oranges.

Advertising is paid. The comments about Shirley's products are not.

Understand the difference?

Just comments from guys that appreciate good products.

The BGE has it's place. I've got a XL. For the price, the XXL doesn't seem worth it to me. Just MHO.

Advertising is paid. The comments about Shirley's products are not.

Understand the difference?

Just comments from guys that appreciate good products.

The BGE has it's place. I've got a XL. For the price, the XXL doesn't seem worth it to me. Just MHO.

Yeah no different than people who love their stumps, lang, humphries, jambo, etc and express it here.

It would be fun to compete on that xxl. Have it safely mounted on some type of trailer where it wouldn't crack and just use that for all meats. Hopefully you wouldn't have to reload charcoal.

Big toys for insecure boys.I have cooked 6 Butts(all at once)on my Large BGE several times.

You beat me to it. Have done six butts on my L Egg once.

Then it would also be considered to be a site advertising Weber, Primo, Green Egg, and many other manufacturers going back to the Bandara.

Anyone that can't see SF is getting free advertising on this site is blind. Don't get me wrong, their product looks great and I'm sure they are great guys, but read my first sentence again.

I saw one of the Limited Edition ones at an Eggfest in June, I think it's still in the store. There is no question it's huge, and heavy I'll bet.

p59Fm6g.jpg

pNiaVua.jpg

That's the one egg size I don't have, and I don't see that changing. The grid size is not that much bigger than my otg 26.75, and my ranch kettle has nearly double the cooking space. This is my opinion here, but I see no value in this experimental egg.

Anyone that can't see SF is getting free advertising on this site is blind. Don't get me wrong, their product looks great and I'm sure they are great guys, but read my first sentence again.

well when you make a great product that people are consistently happy with...that is what happens.

I look at those side tables
IMAG3435_zpsm2qsfhyi.jpg

and think of how many people I know are "leaners" and I picture a giant version of this
772589_0973e334.jpg

I'd have nightmares owning one.

Why all the animosity? Is it affecting you in any way personally?

Geez, lighten up, Francis. (Stripes mod)

Just for the heck of it, I Googled "XXL Egg in use". There was only one picture and that was a factory demo at an eggfest.
1397911998.png

You know, I love how the O.P. posted this up so we all could see it, and if nothing else marvel at its sheer size. Not sure why folks have such a need to say why they would not have one, why it is a bad value, why other makes are superior.

I look at those side tables
IMAG3435_zpsm2qsfhyi.jpg

and think of how many people I know are "leaners" and I picture a giant version of this
772589_0973e334.jpg

I'd have nightmares owning one.

I think you'd have to weigh 600lbs to lean on the XXL and knock it over.

Back