Smoke No 2

MOULDYAPPLE

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
As you may have seen previously I built the ugliest Drum Smoker on the planet knocked up from stuff lying around.. my first smoke was amazing, just three whole birds but Oh my they were good.... So round two, a full rack of belly pork ribs and a boneless shoulder.... and it was sensational...
Couple of things she say at 240 the whole cook which was brilliant, the ribs were perfect, knocked people off their feet, so did the shoulder but I must have missed something as I couldn't pull it apart with two forks to shred for bbq pulled pork, she calved like a joint but was so succulent and juicy I couldn't figure why, maybe I was doing it wrong.. Either way an amazing feed...
Next step courtesy of the magazine section some new rubs and maybe try a Brisket next..

Attachments

• IMG_0020.jpg
    IMG_0020.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0021.jpg
    IMG_0021.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0017.jpg
    IMG_0017.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0016.jpg
    IMG_0016.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 55
Looks really good.
I couldn't pull it apart with two forks to shred for bbq pulled pork,
What temp did you take it to? you need 190's + to pull.
Slice it at 160 -170.

Looks good. For pulled pork, you need to have the patience to cook it until it gives up. For some shoulders, that means cooking it to 195 F, for others it means 205 F. When you can probe it with an ice pick and there is no resistance, it's ready. And, as a shoulder is a combination of different muscles, you should probe it all around to check. It could be ready in some places, but not ready in others. Another thing you'll hear, if you have a bone in shoulder, when you can wiggle the bone out like a loose tooth, it's ready.

The belly ribs look pretty great! I'd like a few bones. :thumb:

Looks like you have the Hang of that ugly thing mate. pork looks pretty fine

Back