My new RF build: "The Offender"

enasnidx

Full Fledged Farker
It's not quite done yet. I plan to paint it and put my team logo on the back (although it does look kind of cool in the rustic finish). I wanted to build something big enough to cook for a large group, maybe even a whole hog. However, I wasn't wanting to build a dedicated pull behind rig because I have a comp trailer I want to pull. So here it is, made from an old 275 gal. fuel oil tank. Three cooking racks totaling around 4000 sq.in. of cooking space. I can't imagine a bigger patio style still being mobile enough for one man to push around!

Here are pics from my first cook: 36 racks of spares for a buddy's party. She was full but it cooked well. I think I need to put dampers on the exhaust to hold some heat in...

Those wheels next to the firebox don't get too hot?

I did put a small heat shield in between each tire and the firebox from some of the 1/8" scrap I had. The tires get pretty warm, but not so hot that I can't touch them bare handed. I wrapped the tires in foil for the cook just in case and it worked great. Tires were barely warm.

Back