THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

enasnidx

Full Fledged Farker
It's not quite done yet. I plan to paint it and put my team logo on the back (although it does look kind of cool in the rustic finish). I wanted to build something big enough to cook for a large group, maybe even a whole hog. However, I wasn't wanting to build a dedicated pull behind rig because I have a comp trailer I want to pull. So here it is, made from an old 275 gal. fuel oil tank. Three cooking racks totaling around 4000 sq.in. of cooking space. I can't imagine a bigger patio style still being mobile enough for one man to push around!

Here are pics from my first cook: 36 racks of spares for a buddy's party. She was full but it cooked well. I think I need to put dampers on the exhaust to hold some heat in...

Those wheels next to the firebox don't get too hot?

I did put a small heat shield in between each tire and the firebox from some of the 1/8" scrap I had. The tires get pretty warm, but not so hot that I can't touch them bare handed. I wrapped the tires in foil for the cook just in case and it worked great. Tires were barely warm.

Back