Pitiful Brisket beautiful chiles and jalapeños- New Nekkid Fatty

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Today is my Saturday. Fiesta Fajita seasoning was on sale. A "cheap" full under 12# packer seasoned and wrapped for a few hours. The flat is kind of thin, the point looks great. But these Hatch and Jalapeno have color. Going to mix with roasted onion and garlic, season with Chef Merito Asada seasoning for some green chile salsa.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Nekkid Fatty. I've never seen or tried this brand. It was off by itself in a box in the freezer with specialty meats like duck, goose etc

Last edited:
I've used that fajita seasoning and it is good stuff!

I've also tried the Old Folks sausage and wasn't impressed. I'm interested in your thoughts.

Ron L besides the fact that it was on sale, what caught my eye was the word "medium".
Usually I see hot mild sage Italian. Please help a brother out and tell me your thoughts- specially fat content. I really like Potters then Owens then JD, but I'll cook and eat them all.

We don't have Potters or Owens up here, but I think Owens is the same as Bob Evans, which I like. The Old Folks, if I remember correctly, was quite a bit fattier, and was less flavorful compared to Bob Evans and JD. But it's been a few years.

Thank you!!

Yep, you have a pit full. Old Folks brand is more common up north.
Never seen it on the shelfs in Georgia. They make a lot of pork products under that name, I've never had a chance to try any though.

Best to ya on your cook! I curious on your thought on the sausage also.

BGE Mini going to handle most of the salsa duty. Have Primo coming to temp for brisket and some sausage. Plan is to make green chile salsa, thro smoke, drink beer. I'm kind of running on empty. 14 hours sleep in four days. But while I'm up I'm going to smoke grill Pandora my arse off

Last edited:
I agree with Ron on Old Folks, I like Owens & Tennessee Pride when I can get it. I do like the HEB Regular, & Sage better than JD original.

I've used that fajita seasoning and it is good stuff!

I've also tried the Old Folks sausage and wasn't impressed. I'm interested in your thoughts.
+1 on the fajita seasoning!!!:thumb:

Back