Eating in 2 days... Its DONE

rus_bro

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Ok boys...

We are having friends from out of town over for dinner on Wednesday night. The wife wanted to give them some texas love, SO i JUST pulled a little 10lb packer and a 7 lb butt off of the smoker.

I have read a hundred threads on this but I cant find the ones I am looking for, BUT what exactly should i do to keep them whole until wednesday night?

They are both still foiled from the cook in their own natural juices. I am thinking to leave them foiled and get them into the fridge. On Wednesday add a little stock and reseal the foil, heat at about 225 in the oven for an hour or 2.

I guess my biggest question is how long do i wait before putting it in the fridge? Common knowledge is that you NEVER put a hot piece of meat in the fridge, BUT i just want to be sure I do it right.

Thanks
rb

Ok boys...

We are having friends from out of town over for dinner on Wednesday night. The wife wanted to give them some texas love, SO i JUST pulled a little 10lb packer and a 7 lb butt off of the smoker.

I have read a hundred threads on this but I cant find the ones I am looking for, BUT what exactly should i do to keep them whole until wednesday night?

They are both still foiled from the cook in their own natural juices. I am thinking to leave them foiled and get them into the fridge. On Wednesday add a little stock and reseal the foil, heat at about 225 in the oven for an hour or 2.

I guess my biggest question is how long do i wait before putting it in the fridge? Common knowledge is that you NEVER put a hot piece of meat in the fridge, BUT i just want to be sure I do it right.

Thanks
rb
Wrap them in Saran wrap and put them in the fridge now or put them in the biggest tupperware container you have.

THANKS guys.. I have them both in the freezer at the moment to get the temps down as fast as i can. Then going to rewrap tightly and get them back in the fridge for a couple of days.

I appreciate the help.

rb

On the reheat , 170 degrees for30 min approximates smoker conditions. Temps in 200s will cook it more

I think all went very well.. i opened up the 2 foil packages, slid them both into the freezer for a couple of hours. The temp came down nicely, so i wrapped them up tightly again and put them in the fridge.

Guess ill see how good i did in a couple of days.. :) The help is appreciated guys.

PS... a Costco run is needed for some super saran wrap.

rb

Back