Looks like I get to finish on instinct

phil c

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Got 6 butts in the Backwoods Competitor tonight. put em in about 3:30 this afternoon. Set the guru and let em go. So I went out to check things a few times and everything is fine, Doze off in the chair and when I wake up its raining. go out not much came down, covered the guru I think everything is good. 1/2 hour later the alarm is going off saying the butts are at 200. cant be! get the therm, probes IT at 178. then the temp probe reading starts climbing again, now it reads 285.
os I either fried a temp probe or the guru got wet inside and is acting all wonky. (most likely) now I have everything unpluggeg and am going to finish off old school.

Oh and the teltru gauge on the front is busted!

I would try the bag of rice thing and see if it works properly after drying out.

Well she did get wet inside! I opened up the box and there was enough dampness that the water indicator sticker was completely red. Dried her out real good, put it back together and it looks like shes workin great again!
BTW finished the Butts just fine!

The Guru's are pretty hardy.... I ran mine during hurricane Sandy with only a sandwich bag over the top of the unit.

Back