Made my first trisket today!

Tanks for the kind words! I will definitely wrap it once I hit the stall. It was stuck at 160˚ for a very long time! Hard to believe a 2# tri-tip would take 6 hours to cook.

I'm also thinking of pulling it between 195˚ and 200˚ instead of letting it get all the way to 203˚ to see what effect that has on the texture of the meat.

Tony.

I also did one last week after reading this post. It was great. The next morning for breakfast...hot damn! Awesome

We bought the two pack from Costco. The bigger of the two got smoked. The smaller one got turned into tacos and burritos (trimmed tri-tip, seasoned with taco meat, place into slow cooker with a sliced up onion and a couple cups of beef broth. Go fishing. Come home and eat).

Cheers!

Yaker

Looks delicious, but I think I'll stick to medium rare. Understand the wife thing. She wanted her t-bone last night a little more well done. It hurt to do it for her, but I did it an honest medium and she was happy.

Definitely agree on the slicing, especially if you are going to cook it to that temp. Want to go against the grain to make it more tender. That top picture Wookie shared is the one I normally share.

Back