Need Food Safe Buckets?

Ribeye Republic

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Don't order them from Amazon, go to the Walmart bakery and ask if they have any empty frosting buckets they want to get rid of. They gave me 5 today and told me to tell all of my fireinds. Apparently they are over run with them. Can't beat a free food safe bucket.

I use them for brining and pulling large amounts of pork with a drill mounted puller.

That's where I get mine, too. Our local Wally is managed by a tightwad though; they charge $1 for the bakery buckets, and NONE of the killer deals you farkers post from your local Wally EVER get close to that cheap here!

I usually get mine from firehouse subs. They are 2 dollars, but money goes to firefighters I believe. Downside is they smell like pickles forever. It will not come out.

That's for the tip on Walmart. I could use a few that don't smell like pickles.

What size are they? I could use another 6 gallon fermenting bucket for my hard cider.

Just pulled 13 butts in the buckets. They work great, perfect size in my opinion and don't spin like the round buckets.

You can always get them from bakeries. We used to give then away all the time. All different sizes.

Good to know, didn't think about asking anywhere let alone Wally World for free anything.

You can always get them from bakeries. We used to give then away all the time. All different sizes.

Bakeries, Donut Shops, Large Deli's, and even Friendly's Restaurants toss them. The ones from Deli's and Friendlies are usually pickle buckets, but they work well for brining and making sauerkraut.

We used to get the 5 gallon buckets from McDonalds, they were green, and had pickles in them. The pickle smell NEVER leaves. :doh:

Don't order them from Amazon, go to the Walmart bakery and ask if they have any empty frosting buckets they want to get rid of. They gave me 5 today and told me to tell all of my fireinds. Apparently they are over run with them. Can't beat a free food safe bucket.

I use them for brining and pulling large amounts of pork with a drill mounted puller.

Picture?

Back