What heat resistant gloves do you use for holding hot food!

I have been using the white cotton gloves with nitrile/latex/etc for 22+ years. The best cotton gloves I've used came from Grainger and were described as freezer glove liners. Much thicker. They changed their website and I can no longer find them described that way. I actually bought mine in a Grainger store a mile from my house. The problem I have with the HF ones (you can also buy a dozen white cotton gloves at truck stops like Loves/Pilot) is that when making pulled pork with pork butts hot off the smokers, the heat penetrates the gloves quickly, causing me to pause often.

However, seems that your wife has something different in mind. I know the gloves she used, as we had a set as well along with the set it and forget it showtime rotisserie. I've had the black ones also and didn't like them due to smell.

That being said, the below link is interesting and it brings up pages and pages of kitchen gloves. The thing I like about this model is the inner liner can be removed to wash if need be

https://www.amazon.com/Resistant-Si...3R5JRJG935W&psc=1&refRID=RFX11YXDJ3R5JRJG935W

Good luck and Merry Christmas

Robert

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I just ordered a pair of these silicon gloves in size 9 for her.
They are food safe and get good reviews. Hopefully they don’t smell!

1_1200x1200.jpg

I have some Brander Ass Grabbin Gloves.
Thought they might be useful when I found them on sale.
Truth be told, I actually just liked the name when I bought them. Now I've gots the gloves to grab some...... ;)

The new gloves arrived today and they appear to be way better than the Ronco gloves. They are food safe, and have absolutely no smell. Hopefully they will hold up. I do think they run a little large or I measured wrong. I measured my wife’s hand and she was on the low end for a size 9 so I ordered size 9. It fits her but is a little large. They fit me like a ummm, glove! but I should have something a little larger. We will give them a try on the smoker tomorrow, and if they work as good as the Ronco gloves they are a keeper.

Last edited:
I almost ordered a pair of the S600 gloves the other day, but ended up putting in an order for RAPICCA gloves instead because they have the longer cuff: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PLXD1XD

Please keep us posted on how the Lanon gloves hold up.

I’ll update this thread after we use them a while. The one in your link was the same exact ones I sent back for a refund. They stunk to high heaven. Hope yours don’t have an odor.

Mine stay outside and are stored in the grill's side table. Maybe I'll go ahead and order the a pair of the S600 gloves for the kitchen. I'm replacing a pair of Caiman welding gloves that lasted nearly 7 years: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0085JCM1S

That is a nice pair of welding gloves, I use the cheap HF version when doing something with charcoal or doing something else that is heavy or really hot on a smoker/ grill that needs a heavy duty glove. The silicone gloves are for doing stuff like pulling a chicken out of a showtime grill or lifting a roast out of oven or smoker. They probably will not hold up to messing with hotter heavy duty stuff, I use leather gloves for that.

I have tried using leather gloves for food handling years ago and they got stained with food badly and started shriveling up after a while. I’m surprised that some of you can actually use leather welding gloves for handling food. The other thing with a welding glove is if you get boiling liquid on them the heat goes right through and you, can’t get them off fast enough.

The RAPICCA gloves just arrived. No smell. Fingers are a bit stiff.

Glad your gloves don’t smell. They get great reviews and I bet they will last a long time.

We used our silicone gloves for the first time today while making beef tenderloin on the GMC. They are really nice but the ones I bough for my wife are snug on me and I found that snug fitting silicone bbq gloves are impossible to take off by yourself once you get them slippery from lifting the beef tenderloin out of the smoker. You can’t shake them off because they are snug and you can’t get ahold of the other glove to take it off once they are both slippery, Eventually I may get the size 10 for myself so I can shake them off after using them.

Last edited:
I just use the much maligned silicon bbq gloves. Yes you lose some dexterity, but for just pulling meat off the smoker they work just fine for me, and they are easy and quick to take on and off if you need to do something that requires more dexterity like wrapping meat, then I just slip them back on if needed to put the meat back on the smoker after wrapping. Never tried the nitrile/cotton glove combo, but to me that seems like way more of a hassle, especially since you can’t reuse the nitrile gloves after taking them off.

This is more or less what I use. Not the exact pair I have, but they look really similar.

https://www.amazon.com/TOPULORS-Grilling-Cooking-Barbecue-Potholder(Orange)/dp/B01N2OLYQS/ref=mp_s_a_1_34_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=bbq+gloves&qid=1609192675&sprefix=bbq+gl&sr=8-34-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzMk9OM1M4UEpVOVJLJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMjk3OTExMzExVEo4TzZDREsyViZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwODYzODYyMzZHM0VVTUJKUlBaSSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX3Bob25lX3NlYXJjaF9tdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Welding gloves beat silicon BBQ gloves easily. Sometimes cheaper to boot.

Great for handling hot plate setters or metal for short periods, not great at all for handling hot food.

For food handling, I use cotton inserts with the thickest nitrile gloves I can find to fit my hands.

I also got the Rapicca gloves this Christmas...worked great a couple days later...no smell...fingers were a bit stiff but still able to big up a huge prime rib.

Back