Leftover Butt Enchiladas

texashaze

Reaction score
Hey all,

According to the web site I last visited on 10/25/2005 so it's been a while. Glad to see this site is still rolling! I joined when I first bought my New Braunfels Bandera smoker way back when. Anyway, here is a recipe I posted back in 2004 for leftovers. Enjoy...

Smoked Pork Enchiladas
----------------------------

2 lb of shredded pork butt
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Oregano
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 can green chiles
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 small can adobe smoked peppers, chopped, or 1/2 cup chopped jarred red peppers, or 1/2 cup chopped jalepenos (for a good kick)
1 cup sour cream
2 cans enchilada sauce or salsa verde ( 2 more if you like it 'saucy')
16 oz chedder/monterray jack (fiesta) shredded cheese
20 corn tortillas

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix first 7 ingrediants (not sour cream) in casserole pan. Cover and bake 20-30 minutes.
3. While pork is baking heat 1/2 inch of canola/veg oil in frying pan to 325 degrees for frying.
4. Lay one corn tortilla in hot oil. Fry 5-15 secs on one side then flip for another 5-15 sec. Then shake of excess oil pat w/paper towel and stack on plate. Repeat process with all tortillas.
5. Pull pork mixture out of oven and mix in sour cream.
6. Spray 13x6 metal or glass pan w/ cooking spray. You will be baking the enchiladas in this.
7. Grab a tortilla and spread spoonful of enchilada sauce in middle. Sprinkle a dab of cheese. Spread in 2 spoonfuls of pork. Roll up tortilla and place in baking pan.
8. After pan is full of enchiladas, top them with remaining enchilada sauce (more or less to taste - I like to make sure they are all covered but not drenched). Then top with remaining cheese.
9. Spray foil with nonstick cooking oil and cover pan. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.

Serve with rice, beans and cold beer. I like to sprinkle these with Cholula hot sauce and cold sour cream. If you want a great kick add the jalepenos with the pork mixture.

texashaze

Welcome back! That recipe sounds awesome!

What brings you back after such a long absence?

Welocme back!

You can check out any time you want, but you can never leave :-D

Enchiladas are one of our favorite uses for left over competition pork! I'll give this recipe a try soon!

Thanks!

Welocme back, that is a nice recipe, I love enchiladas

Busy raising kids... also this site trained me up and I was good to go.
I hear ya!

Since you have completed your training, we are having a meeting of the BBQ minds (or what is left our minds) up at Lake Ray Roberts in October. More info can be found in the link in my signature. Would love for you to make it out to our Brethren Bash!

and if you want to bring these enchiladas, I'm sure NO ONE would object :wink:

Thanks so much for posting this recipe. I'm gonna add this to my gotta try list that's growing longer the more time I spend here.
Gotta love it
John

Back