Ditchin' the Pit

revkab

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Every so often I just gots to ditch the Pit and break out the good ole Weber. I did, in fact, fire up the big boy and Q'ed one pork butt, two slabs of baby backs, and two slabs of full-sized ribs, but those are for dinner tomorrow. So for tonight, I got a hankerin' for chicken, and made up these beauties. In a few moments, they's gonna be just bones.....

Attachments

• BBQ Chicken.jpg
    BBQ Chicken.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 295
aint nothing wrong with a weber kettle, unless it's something that goes over 2 hours I don't use the smoker... anything under two hours and isn't gigantic gets the kettle treatment

Pretty birds for sure! I use my kettle and drums for home cooks more than the BG. Unless it's a real big cook of course.

I would destroy both halves of that chicken. Nicest looking bird I've seen in a long time.

Wow, nice looking chicken....I thought I did a good job with mine last night, but I got no where near the color you developed...Stubbs Chicken Spice Rub is what I put on mine.....cooked direct to begin, then indirect to smoke with some hickory.

79BeGZC2c7z4SueysdiLPcrw5pli-IavrJIZboRsGHw=w370-h653-no

It's a bird night here also. MSD has it marinated all day and I just finished work (yard stuff). A shower, few adult beverages and some bird. Hope it is as good as your looks!

Agreed, gotta show the weber some love from time to time! Birds look great!

I agree! I will be visiting my parents in MI next week, and plan to be cooking on the old Weber the whole time. Can't wait!

Back