I love turkey... So do the guys at the refinery.. It ain't what you think tho....:)

TuscaloosaQ

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Well I told the guys at the refinery last night that I was going to cook for us... They said what.... I said turkey....turkey necks... They were like whoop!!

Here we go..... I made a stock out of bouillon .... Onions.. And a lot of other seasonings.... Oh.... And some pork neck bones...

The necks are large and very meaty.... Seriously I would just about eat them before steak... They are so so tasty... And affordable.... Guess that is why my mamma made them.....

Figured since I had the 32 quart pot going I would add some of the best sausage made..... Conecuh.. Made right here in Alabama....

Made som broccoli rice and leisure peas too

Don't let this gross you out it is some of the tastiest food you can eat..... The sausage was added late in the game....

Big Brian eating and loving it

Javarius... Is a happy camper

Johnathin had never had turkey necks... But is a huge fan now

What is funny brian and jarvius called there wives and sent pics and said this white boy at work can throw down on some soul food...... It's what I grew up on..... It's all in the seasoning of it....

The stock once the necks are all gone will be used for soup.... Frozen... And used to cook rice...... A huge pack of big turkey necks is only 4 bucks......

Looks great Paul. Love me some soul food. You outta throw that pot into the vertical of one of your cookers and boil it with fire and the top open and get just a touch of smoke in there!! (saw cowgirl boil some seafood that way)

Looks great Paul!
I sure miss Conecuh sausage.
Might need to order some online or go visit my brother there in Tuscaloosa. I lived there for 4 years for engineering school.

Looks great Paul!
I sure miss Conecuh sausage.
Might need to order some online or go visit my brother there in Tuscaloosa. I lived there for 4 years for engineering school.

If you ever want some conecuh lemme know I will send some to you!!!!!

I do smoked turkey necks in place of crawfish or shrimp in a boil with the potatoes and corn and add the sausage as well...

That looks great Paul. We use smoked turkey necks in every pot of collards we cook.really hard to beat.

That looks good Paul!

You better take a step or two back from Big Brian, he's taking that food seriously:biggrin1:

Paul nice cook! I'd hit that.
Up here in Pa I have never really seen turkey necks.

my dad, brother and myself usually fight over the roasted turkey neck at thanksgiving.

never had them like that.

chicken necks we use for crab bait

I've never tried a turkey neck, but your pictures and description sure makes me want to give it a go!

Well done, sir!

Growing up I was the only one n the family that ate the neck. So I always got to have it. Brings back lots of good memories.

Back