Open a BBQ restaurant, they said. It will be fun, they said

The short "temp" closure then the final closing makes me wonder if it has more to do with Jeremy's health, or even the divorce. Either way, I wish him all the best.

I followed this post from very beginning till reading a successful story.

The food must be great. But financially it may have trouble. Otherwise any one can continue it.

I'm sure when Jeremy is ready, he'll show up for an explanation.

Until then, I pray for only the best for he and his family.

Holler if we can help, Jeremy. After all we are The Brethren and will do anything we can.

I found this thread the other day, it was the reason for finding and subscribing to the forum. I hope all is OK.

I just binged this thread; started on the 14th and finished today on the 17th. I feel like I went on a rollercoaster ride with him as he told his story. I felt crushed for him on the down swings, but when everything was rolling well I felt really good for him. And then I hit the end of the thread and it sounds like a crushing ending. I truly hope his health is intact as it sounds like the past couple of years have been stressful! That surely takes a toll. Best of luck sir!

Just saw his while scouring their facebook feed:
Support the continued operation of the Pig by visiting Friday Feb 17 to buy bbq off the mobile truck..cash only. The people who count need your business and loyalty.

Sounds like one of his cooks/managers has been posting in the facebook thread. I truly hope he is doing okay.

Sad indeed! I was lucky enough to live relatively close (30 miles) to the "Pig" so I've enjoyed the fruits of Jeremy's labor a number of times over the last 3-4 years. His Q will be sorely missed in the area.

The short "temp" closure then the final closing makes me wonder if it has more to do with Jeremy's health, or even the divorce. Either way, I wish him all the best.

Didn't he say in a post quite a while ago that it had taken its toll on their marriage. You may be on to something.

I don't know Jeremy; hell, I never new he existed or knew of his story until this week. But after reading the whole thread, I am genuinely concerned about the guy!

That sucks. I've followed the story since the beginning.

I have great respect for anyone who tries to make a restaurant a success. It's a huge amount of work, and it seems like the deck is always stacked against you.

Didn't he say in a post quite a while ago that it had taken its toll on their marriage. You may be on to something.

Am I the only one that feels that any form of speculation here is irresponsible? I've read about how it may be his food, marriage or even tax issues. Imo, it's best to just offer support and wait on Jeremy to update us.

Just my .02 cents.

I owned a restaurant... once. I hope the best for him, it's a tough job.

Back