You Thoughts

Hoppy

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
In Sept I'm doing a cook for 250 people that are having a Hog Cooked and they want me to do the brisket and pulled pork for them .....

What would your thoughts be on pounds of raw brisket and pulled pork I need to cook for these folks?

Any comments would be welcome

About 63lbs cooked pork and 47lbs of cooked brisket is what I would do but here in my area pork rules and would be way more popular. You may need to adjust if different in your area.

Yes, I am wondering why you would need pulled pork and a whole hog. I mean, done the way I have always seen hogs done, you end up with pulled pork in the end.

If they are having a hog cooked and you are doing pulled pork, you may want to find out how big a hog they are cooking.

Oh I misunderstood, I thought the pulled pork was coming from the hog.

I am just as confused as you about the pulled pork when they are having a Hog. I did a cook for these folks this spring and had Brisket and pulled pork and they went nuts for both. I talked to them Monday and said. "You are already having a Hog Fixed why are you wanting pulled pork. The lady said "We just do!" I said "good enough!" I should have the hard head count on the first week in August so I'll have an exact count. Thank you very much everyone.... I appreciate all your help. Hop

Best of luck. In this situation, I would make sure to coordinate with the other cook/caterer to make sure there is an understanding that there will be two of you, that you will be sharing the event and that nobodies toes get stepped on when the event is happening. Also, I would make sure I understood if I am just going meats, or if there is an expectation of sides, condiments and any other additional requirements, or just the meats.

We already have the all situated. I am doing meats and sides and all he is doing is delivering the Hog.

Back