Feels like I am cheating.....

Ain't nuthin' wrong, IMO!!!

If I'm having a lazy day and the weather is good, Earl gets the call. If I'm gonna be busy with other things or the weather sucks, Colt gets the call.

Boooooo Boooooooo!!! Major is pi**ed and I don't blame him. :tsk:

Boooooo Boooooooo!!! Major is pi**ed and I don't blame him. :tsk:
Major was purpose built as a camping cooker plus he'll get his 2nd Bash use in October...

He is plenty happy with his Marty Leach custom handle, as well :wink:

I wouldn't give up any of my smokers. The offset doesn't get much use now that it's so hot out but the cabinet is perfect for summer. I take that back...I would give up my offset for a Shirley.

Cheat all you want. It's not like they can get pissed and walk out.

Whoa! WHOA!!! You guys and gals that think you are "cheating" need to catch up with the times! Mrs Ward Cleaver is long gone along with the "dial" phone, and 8 track tapes! Hell, there's even words and content on regular national televised channels that used to be "R" rated material! Did you feel like you were "cheating" on your "land line" when you got Your cell phone? Hell Naw! You gladly used it for what it was, and never looked back! Heck, I'll bet several of us ended up canceling our "land line" service! "Cheating!?!?" NOPE!

Let's just call it "playing the field"......

p.s. I DO have two EX wives though.....

I went round and round for months trying to decide what larger smoker I wanted to get after spending a number of years with WSM's. Something about managing a fire and just cooking with wood really appealed to me so the Lang is what I went with. I am in heaven! Granted, my WSM's are set and forget cookers so they are perfect on smaller cooks or when I'm lazy but every chance I get I am firing up my stick burner. Hell, sometimes I'll save the cleaning for a weekday night just so I can start a fire when I get home from work.

It's not cheating, just enjoying all the great options this hobby gives us!

I think maybe you met the mistress before the wife. Whole different set of rules. No worries, you're good.

Not cheating just stepping out

I am using my new assassin to step out on my comp pit. I truly love my offset. She big, very well built, and loves for me to stick wood in her. I have grow so comfortable with her and she gives great...smoke too.

Lately I have been swooned by the sweet little GF assassin. She is much shorter and rather chubby but once she gets to just the right temp I can lay back and let her take care of herself for hours or until I'm ready to give her a another little chunk of wood.

Truth is I still really really love my comp pit and will never replace her but at my age I kind of enjoy not having to feed the pit, that often.
Almost forgot last week I got a new little hottie a weber otg 22.5. Just in case I feel like a quicky.

I recommend the menage a trois option, personally. Just make sure to pay equal attention to each smoker.

1+ for the Stick Burner - I love mine! Yes I have a Treager, a UDS, a mini-UDS, and a Vault ... but I love my stick burner above and beyond!

Back