Freeze dry your Q

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I know I want to although it's not in the cards right now.

To pretty much keep the size, look, consistency and taste of your food for long term storage or storage longer than what a deep freeze can provide is very intriguing to me. The brand that's on my wish list is Harvest Right...don't know who else is in the game right now.

I've seen several testimonials on Youtube but who on here is doing it? It would thrill me to death to take say some sliced turkey and freeze dry it for a snack or emergency. Please share your freezed dry purchase stories or stories of your own freeze drying.

Here's an intro on youtube

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JDX0H3wt4E"]Harvest Right - In-Home Freeze Dryer Overview - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
I am just curious. Why? If I need BBQ next year, I am sure I'll fire up the smoker some time between now and then...

I am just curious. Why? If I need BBQ next year, I am sure I'll fire up the smoker some time between now and then...

Terry I just don't want to take the future for granted, we just don't know what lies ahead if there is a catastrophic event, life changing event or what have you. Also I think it would be nice just to have healthy snacks and easy meals to have for home and for road trips....a ton of reasons IMO to have freezed dried food and I'd rather eat my food that would taste better than I could buy and I know what is in it.

Freeze dry will preserve food for decades retaining all the nutrition and taste and you don't necessarily have to rehydrate it...things like cooked meats, fruits,veggies etc.. although you could reconstitute it. Some things you would want reconstituted and others you wouldn't.

I didn't realize that it took so long :shock:

From what I can tell things can take 18-36 hours but most things will be good in 24 hours using a freeze dry machine. 24 hours is pretty good I think.

Back