Naturiffic Dry Brined Rack of Pork in the 505 - w/Pr0n!

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Marc
Merry Christmas, Pharkers and Pharkettes!

Just finished with Christmas Dinner, and I'm trying not to slip into a tryptophan-free food coma.

Discovered a really nice 5.5lb, somewhat frenched rack of pork at Costco last week. This is new to me, so I decided to go with a tried & true method of John's Naturiffic Harvest Dry Brine, followed by a trip to the sauna.

I got a bit behind the timeline for dry brining, and only got it started this morning between opening stockings and breakfast. That only left about 5 hours of time for it to brine before cook time.

That said, the 250-310*F with hickory smoke for the first hour (total of about 3+00 cook time) with a quick sear at the end really did a nice job.

oZp0zJul.jpg

After a good 20-25 minute rest on the board, I sliced the rack into chops (rather THICK ones, at that). Good Lord, this thing was JUICY.

dnfrEfTl.jpg

CINCHOUSE followed up with roasted fennel & apple to accompany the pork, along with traditional green bean casserole and sweet potato casserole to round out the plate.

wpNRdwql.jpg

This was some of the best pork I've had. "Flavor Town" in every bite... nothing over salted/seasoned. Smoke penetrated only the first inch or so. Middle of the chop was only moist and tender.

I can only imagine how much better it would've been had I started the brining process on Friday. Duh!

Give this a try for your next celebratory event! Now, I can't wait for the leftovers at the office.

I hope that this finds you all celebrating amongst friends and family. Please be safe and enjoy the Holidays!

Merry Christmas, Pharkers and Pharkettes!

Just finished with Christmas Dinner, and I'm trying not to slip into a tryptophan-free food coma.

Discovered a really nice 5.5lb, somewhat frenched rack of pork at Costco last week. This is new to me, so I decided to go with a tried & true method of John's Naturiffic Harvest Dry Brine, followed by a trip to the sauna.

I got a bit behind the timeline for dry brining, and only got it started this morning between opening stockings and breakfast. That only left about 5 hours of time for it to brine before cook time.

That said, the 250-310*F with hickory smoke for the first hour (total of about 3+00 cook time) with a quick sear at the end really did a nice job.

oZp0zJul.jpg

After a good 20-25 minute rest on the board, I sliced the rack into chops (rather THICK ones, at that). Good Lord, this thing was JUICY.

dnfrEfTl.jpg

CINCHOUSE followed up with roasted fennel & apple to accompany the pork, along with traditional green bean casserole and sweet potato casserole to round out the plate.

wpNRdwql.jpg

This was some of the best pork I've had. "Flavor Town" in every bite... nothing over salted/seasoned. Smoke penetrated only the first inch or so. Middle of the chop was only moist and tender.

I can only imagine how much better it would've been had I started the brining process on Friday. Duh!

Give this a try for your next celebratory event! Now, I can't wait for the leftovers at the office.

I hope that this finds you all celebrating amongst friends and family. Please be safe and enjoy the Holidays!

Merry Christmas to you and yours, that looks phabulous!!

You have an outstanding looking meal there, Marc! I can't think of anything better than a flavorful and moist pork roast. That will put the Merry in any Christmas.

Awesome meal Shadow!! Everything looks delicious!
Merry Christmas to you and family. Hope 2022 treats you well! :grin:

Merry Christmas Marc!

I love those pork crown roasts Costco brings in for the holidays. Grade A stuff!

Back