THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mikecz

I hope this doesn't get me kicked off the forum but... As they have for the last few years around this time, Home Depot is selling 2-packs of 18.6 pound standard "blue bag" Kingsford charcoal for $9.88 for the 2-pack. If you use this stuff (as I do), this is a steal for us consumers. They usually limit this offer to two 2-packs per customer, but if you take your significant other you can get 8 bags and then go back in, each get 2 more 2-packs, & go to a different checker (or the self checkout system) you can score about 300 pounds of charcoal pretty quick. That's about a year's supply for us.

I do not work for or own stock in Home Depot. I hope this will be seen as the "public service announcement" I mean it to be!

I hope this doesn't get me kicked off the forum but... As they have for the last few years around this time, Home Depot is selling 2-packs of 18.6 pound standard "blue bag" Kingsford charcoal for $9.88 for the 2-pack. If you use this stuff (as I do), this is a steal for us consumers. They usually limit this offer to two 2-packs per customer, but if you take your significant other you can get 8 bags and then go back in, each get 2 more 2-packs, & go to a different checker (or the self checkout system) you can score about 300 pounds of charcoal pretty quick. That's about a year's supply for us.

I do not work for or own stock in Home Depot. I hope this will be seen as the "public service announcement" I mean it to be!

People would assume you work or own stock in Home Depot? Not sure why anyone would assume this for letting us know of a good deal.

But anyways that's a great deal. I have about 150lbs of charcoal. some royal oak chef select, and a few bags of KBB. I have transitioned from not using charcoal at all since I built my new smoker. I highly doubt it will see charcoal more than a time or two a year if that! Looks like I need a kettle LOL

There is no limit on this sale at HD. I just called a reserved a pallets' worth (48 bags) that I will be picking up tonight or tomorrow.

Lowe's always posts a 2 bag limit. I always get 5-10 double bags and not once have they ever called me on it.

I have over 400 pounds on hand but I'll have to grab a couple bags this weekend just in case. :wink:

Gotta love the memorial and 4th sales! Every year like clockwork these deals come around.

Back