Big Cook

ewchippe

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I've got the Shirley loaded up with 180 lbs of brisket. I also have 225 lbs of pork and 80 more lbs of brisket to put on. I got volunteered to cook for a contractor event for my company. There will be roughly 800 people so this will be interesting. I have to start serving Thursday at 5:00, so I am trying to get it all done by Wednesday night.
I also have beans to get done that day. I will try to get some pics tomorrow of the pork on. I am not a caterer, so this will be sink or swim. I'm hoping to have about 400 lbs post cook, so that is about 8 oz. per person, should be enough, right?

Wow that is one hell of a cook. Is your company providing you with any other equipment or help?

That's a huge cook. Good luck to you, I hope you take pics if you get the chance.

that is one heck of a big cook for you. Good luck and I hope it turns out for you. Hope you have some help, that will be a lot of work.

I am doing the cook by myself, but I have plenty of help for the serving and day of things. Worst part is the slicing of the brisket and pulling of the pork. This pork may be over cooked to make it fall apart. I cant do that do the brisket though.

Wow! I am very interested in how this is done, timing and out come. We're all root'n for ya!!!

That is a big undertaking. Good luck and I wish I was close enough to help out.

I feel you. I am cooking for 450 for a group in Miami, OK for Thursday. I am cooking 120 lbs of brisket and 120 lbs of Butts. FEC120 will be loaded with brisket, YS640 with butts as well as my new Humphrey's Battle Box. For me, the worst part is the trimming, injecting and rub prep. Good luck!

Oh and if you don't have Cambro's or Carlyle's, I recommend them HIGHLY!

For me, the worst part is the trimming, injecting and rub prep.

That would be my biggest concern on a cook this big. I wonder how long it would take to trim all those briskets and make enough rub???

Geez... I get overwhelmed with just doing 3 butts or chickens at one thyme. Cant wait to see how this turns out.:clap2:

The trimming was actually the easy part. I have extended family that owns a butcher shop and they trimmed brisket and pork how I wanted it. The rub was not too bad. The worst part is the post cook. I spent 4 hours last night slicing the brisket. Most of the pork is on now. I do not have cambro's, but there is a warmer that I will be able to use at the show, so once everything is heated back up, it should be easy. I did get some pics taken this morning. I'll post them later today.

Back