Catering for 100-125

gmag

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I am helping my employer put together a company picnic. 225 hamburger patties have been donated but they want ribs and pork butt as well. We already have the burgers but still need to buy the ribs and pork. Any suggestions on quantities? We are feeding approximately 100-125 people. Should we not cook all the burgers?

Well if it was me and I'm not smart, but thinking they would all get at least a hamburger, I would probably do Pulled Pork for 70-75 people, then maybe only a bone or 2 of ribs for everyone. Ribs will go fast. I might after sleeping on it go ahead and make enough ribs so that everyone gets at least 2 bones. (200-250 bones total) and drop my pork down to 40 people or so 10 to 15 pounds of cooked pork will get you plenty then. (all rights reserved, this in no means is probably right but it is where I would most likely start. Your experience and success/lack of may or may not be different)

be prepared to cook 125 hamburgers, 2 bones of ribs per person, 1/4 pound of pork per person. That would be around 50 pounds raw to start.

I think I am just going to go with 4 butts and a case of ribs.

Sorry guys, my brain has been scrambled trying to figure this out. The person put in charge of this event decided they didn't want to plan it anymore and it was dumped on me with less than two weeks to go. I appreciate all of your help.

Who are you serving is it all adults, or are there going to be kids? With 3 meats you will not need more than a 1/4 per person of each one, and even that is heavy, assuming you serving sides as well.

Back