Surf & Turf (Ribs 3 ways)

BurntOffering

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Here is my brick BBQ.
Before someone brings it up, Yes those are new boards on the fence, But in my defence its not a 4th of July party until there's a fire!!!
IMG_0289_zps8428bbf7.jpg

I finally found a use for my old turkey fryer.
IMG_0265_zpscab5edc8.jpg

My BBQ has a fire grate that can be cranked up and down. For ribs I set it up with the grate near the ground, the wood and briquettes to one side and the water pan over the fire.
IMG_0270_zpsaaccd663.jpg

One rack done with a coating of mustard under our home made rub ( my sons preference), one with oil under rub using red oak for smoke.
IMG_0272_zpse63097ef.jpg

The wife was born on Guam and insists her ribs are done traditionally with a marinade of lemon juice, soy sauce, black pepper, garlic salt, chopped onions, and ketchup. There is a few moinks thrown in for fun.
IMG_0279_zps031876e0.jpg

IMG_0281_zpsb82aea99.jpg

In nearly every kitchen in Guam there is a condiment called finadene, its usually a mixture of soy sauce, rice vinegar, thin sliced onions, thai bird chiles (or whatever you can get your hands on). There is normally chopped green onions and chiles floating on top but we prefer sliced tomatoes. It has a serious bite thats great on rice or over meat.
IMG_0295_zps4062e8b5.jpg

I plated this meal with one of our favorite side dishes, Halibut ceviche.
IMG_0294_zpsd71bab75.jpg

Thank You,

Halibut ceviche.

Before I started hanging out with the farkers here I never would have considered even trying ceviche.

Now? I would be on that plate like a duck on a June bug. Would really like to try that sauce too!

Great lookin' cook, and I'm diggin' your pit too. Lotta good things happenin' in this post.

We all make our ribs similarly, but a little differently, but I'd love to try some of that ceviche and that sauce on the rice...

Great looking Pit and food mate

Nice roomy pit to enjoy. The selection of food on this cook is amazing. I'd like to hit on that sauce.

Looks like you've done this once or twice before. :biggrin1:

Great looking food!

Thank You for the kind words.
I would encourage anyone to try the finadene it only takes a few minutes and works well with serrano chiles. The salt,vinager, chile bite grows on you.

Back