Ad for Wendy's BBQ is pretty funny...Now, about Wendy's selling BBQ, that's another story...

SuburbSlicker

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
So I had to post this. Wendy's is hocking a pulled pork sammich (following Arby's lead?) with three sauces.

The ad campaign is pretty clever and amusing -- dragging out some 80's familiar faces. bbq4merica.com (Couldn't somebody else have already registered that name?)

I guess I'll have to go at least try the sammie. But I'm not optimistic. Anyone else tried yet?

Was I supposed to recognize anyone in that commercial? I confess I had no clue.

I'll continue to smoke my own pulled pork, thank you very much. I ain't eating no stinking cushion meat from Wendy's... that place is gross, anyway. At least the ones around here are.

Was I supposed to recognize anyone in that commercial? I confess I had no clue.

Stone Cold Steve Austin (wrestler), Alfonso Ribeiro(Carlton from 'Fresh Prince of Bel Air), and Ralph Macchio (The Karate Kid).

Matt

On a side note I have to admit the Arby's brisket sammich ain't to bad after a dozen beers or so

You haven't been? My gawd man, what are you doing down there? :shock:

Stockpiling briskets at $1.99/lb (and remembering when they were 99 cents a lb)

I had lunch there the other day and couldn't resist trying the pulled pork cheese fries. I wont comment on the pork but i ordered the spicy sauce ( theyre selling spicy, sweet, and smokey) and i actually thought it was good. Id be willing to buy a bottle if they were selling it (they're not i asked). I personally cant stand sbr and consider this way better than that. The sauce reminded me of a local bbq joints sauce, wasnt glopy, nice suttle spice hint of smoke.

Homemade version of the bbq cheese fries would definitely be a winner.

I always wonder why in my small town that McDonalds is always jam packed and Wendy's next door to it has maybe 2 customers...I don't eat at either one...but I don't think I would chance on Wendy's cause everybody else must know something I don't!