Just Farkin around with some Beef Ribs (pics)

bergenguy

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
As some of you know, last week I took delivery of my new Johnson 2D Patio. However, it was expected a few weeks prior.. but it took an unexpected tour of the US on its way here. Anyway, when I first heard it was coming, I took some plate ribs out of the freezer to defrost so they'd be ready to go upon the original expected arrival date. Well when it finally arrived I had no time for a longish cook and since then the weather hasn't been great in NJ I haven't had a chance to cook. So today the weather broke and I was working from home.... so I decided to throw them on before they went bad. It was two 3 rib plates broken down into two sets of two and two singles (My vac sealer can only fit two ribs in the bag). Smoked them on Apple and Maple. Here are the results.

Attachments

• rib1.jpg
    rib1.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 423
  • rib2.jpg
    rib2.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 423
  • rib3.jpg
    rib3.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 425
  • rib4.jpg
    rib4.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 421
Looks really good. All the beef ribs I have found around me all shrink to nothing.

Would love to see what happens if you ever got serious! Mighty Fine!

Looks good and congrats again on the new Pit.

Beautiful ribs. I love beef ribs. They may be my favorite things to smoke.

No kidding about the weather here man. I'm over it. I need a few good days of smoking soon!!

Those ribs came out great!

Wow those rendered really well. They look great! :thumb:

I love it when folks fark around with beef ribs, nice job.

Good looking ribs! Beef ribs are my favorite. Yours look perfect!

Yeah buddy, those bones look delicious.:thumb:

Good job farkin around with them beef ribs, nice color also.

I would say the new cooker works very well. And yes....down here at exit 36 we are building an ark just in case this farking rain doesn't stop soon.....

Great looking color...

Y'all are getting what we've had for the last couple weeks...

Back