THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After WWII BBQ became a national trend in large proportions. I am always amazed when i read the old books to see how they did things and just how recipes have changed.

Great Find..... I bet it was more than a dollar???

Nice find.
I don't think rubs were very widespread then. I do not even remember hearing the term that far back.

After WWII BBQ became a national trend in large proportions. I am always amazed when i read the old books to see how they did things and just how recipes have changed.

Great Find..... I bet it was more than a dollar???

Honestly, Not much more than a dollar.
They are on Ebay from many sellers.
Would make a great gift!
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...0.TRC0.H0&_nkw=Big+Boy+Barbecue+Book&_sacat=0
Thanks for the lead, speedrrcr.
I need that book for my collection. I think that will make book #802.

My cook book

Here is a 1953 cook book my mom gave me. :blabla:
D608DAF8-95EA-4A0D-89D2-A3A35EB56F57_zpsisuojxnh.jpg

Want some ice cream:thumb:
63BBD20F-0FE0-43FB-BF7F-CABBE7865DF6_zpsgtid0vgt.jpg

Look at this budget!
CEB25D1E-5BA0-4C8C-9E19-38391167DC7A_zpszxmxqt7g.jpg

I spend more than $50 for a brisket :boxing:
It's is fun looking back in time:tongue:
Thank god my mom is stil with us:becky:

Love it Everett,
My grocery bill today was $282.00. Two of us in family.
Interesting how a lot of the old cookbooks were actually Home Ec. books.
Glad you mom is still with you. Mine's been gone 16 years now.

This is SO cool! I wonder if there's a big difference between the older ones and newer in terms of content?

nice! a couple years ago i got a Better Homes and Gardens BBQ cookbook at a garage sale, i just looked at it and it was originally printed in 1956, i guess the copy i got was the 6th press of the first edition. i've never made anything out of it but i should give it a shot sometime

Back