THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bought a pound of tasty Swiss a couple of hours ago. Be right over!
How about some details, I bought a spiral sliced from Costco and could do it on the drum...
Thanks.

Looking good! :thumb: After four years straight of turkey smoked on the WSM, we did the ham thing this year for a change of pace too. So far the leftovers have been something to look forward to.

Thanks guys! I'll share details when I can get to my computer and not typing on a miniature keyboard.

Bought a pound of tasty Swiss a couple of hours ago. Be right over!
How about some details, I bought a spiral sliced from Costco and could do it on the drum...
Thanks.

I like to trim any skin that may be remaining on the ham to expose more surface area to apply rub, and trim the fat to approx. 1/4. Most spiral cuts don't have any though. After trimming, rub a very thin layer of mustard (Dijon or spicy brown does in fact produce flavor vs. yellow). Dust the outside with your favorite pork rub (I like something with a little more sugar), place it in a pan and smoke it at 235 for about an hour.

Mix together a baste, by using bbq sauce with some sort of flavorful liquid. Pineapple juice, Apple juice, or vinegar sauce etc... until loose (I find 3:1 ratio of liquid to sauce works well). After the first hour or so (rub should be forming a crust) Use this basting liquid to baste the ham every half hour until the ham is heated through.

Back