Prepping a drum for a UDS

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
A little chilly to be prepping a drum..maybe 5 or so outside but I had no choice. I'm doing this for a work raffle and it had to get done.

Step 1 was burning it with a harbor freight warming torch until it had a white appearance, next I used a angle grinder with a wire wheel. Lastly was several wipe downs with low odor mineral spirits.

This is the next best thing to sand blasting IMO. Oh a big thanks to Diesel Dave for donating the drum, it was filled with solid ice and buried in ice...but again the Harbor Freight torch to the rescue!

for all that...id pay to sandblast...........but then again....im all for paying the locals to do the work for me lol

for all that...id pay to sandblast...........but then again....im all for paying the locals to do the work for me lol
Josh just admit you're lazy..lmao :heh: There's lots of brethren who don't want to pay exorbitant pricing for sand blasting so this is a great alternative. I was down to bare shiny metal in a fairly short time.

My sandblaster only charges $ 80-100 to sand blast and high heat powder but it'll be 3-4 days before i can get it...unfortunately i don't have the luxury of time plus besides it's not gonna be for me. It'll look good though said and done.

oh i get it...other people arent deserving enough of quality sandblasting....lol

and yes im lazy lol

oh i get it...other people arent deserving enough of quality sandblasting....lol

and yes im lazy lol

I gave up trying to get mine blasted and painted after the first place I called with a nice website said they didn't do high heat powder coating. It's supposed to be an ugly drum, so mine is slowly getting there since it was new last spring. If it rusts too much and I can't save it, new barrel is only $60, plus some drilling.

Back