MOINK balls save the day

Maylar

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dave
Did a small cook for family on Monday. Main course was chicken thighs which I inadvertently over seasoned with Lawry's. I never used that before, and the chicken was just too salty. Live and learn.

But - for an appetizer I cooked up a bunch of MOINKs. Homemade meat balls with lots of garlic, rolled in Magic Dust.

17930537719_7ea1f6b041_z.jpg

At the appropriate time I slathered some Sweet Baby Ray's on 'em and cranked the flame to set the sauce. Oops.. dinn know Ray's would burst into flames :doh:

18116764025_70b5dfa655_z.jpg

Got 'em a bit crispy on the outside, but they were fabulous -

17928842618_668d983896_z.jpg

Ate the salty chicken anyway, but could've made a meal out of these. Will definitely make em again. MOINK Balls to the rescue.

Those are some great lookin' MOINKS, I prefer crisp bacon on mine.
Nice job!

As one who enjoys an "extra toasted" marshmallow, those Moinks look spectacular and I would have ate every one!

Gotta love the MOINK, those look so good. If you want a slightly less salty seasoning salt try Tony Chachere's low sodium cajun salt or my favorite, Slap Your Mama cajan seasoning. They are both pretty darn good and have no MSG (if that matters to you).

Gotta love the MOINK, those look so good. If you want a slightly less salty seasoning salt try Tony Chachere's low sodium cajun salt or my favorite, Slap Your Mama cajan seasoning. They are both pretty darn good and have no MSG (if that matters to you).

Thanks. I make my own rubs, but used up the last of my Magic Dust on the Moinks. I had picked up the Lawry's from an end isle display at the grocery store (like, "Hey, I've heard of that...") so thought I'd give it a try. Shudda read the label, "seasoned salt". Oops.

The Magic Dust gave the Moink balls a bit of kick though. Awesome overall.

Back