Smoked Chicken Wings

BIGLEGGA

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I decided to make some smoked wings this weekend so I picked up 10lbs from the local butcher. Here they are after splitting them and cleaning them up.

Did a quick brine with water, coke, salt and sugar in the vaccum sealer

Seasoned with Oakridge Habenero Death Dust, my own rib rub and the rest with just salt and pepper so I can play with some sauces.

Then on to the Yoder at 225

I'll update with pictures of the final product tonight if I can get the baby to sleep :-D

Really good start. Will the Yoder crank up hot to crisp the skin when the wings get done? If you wanted to I mean.

Nice haul of wings. Never tried the death dust, I'll have to find some to try.

Really good start. Will the Yoder crank up hot to crisp the skin when the wings get done? If you wanted to I mean.

The yoder will do 500 but I would have to pull off the deflector plate. Planning on crisping them up in the deep fryer. I might freeze some before frying and fry them to re heat.

That's going to be awesome, brother.

I'm about to follow suit here in a bit.

Ducksmoke - Oakridge HDD is a greatly versatile rub that you'll probably end up combining with other things to give them a bit more heat... or when you want some hot but flavorful wings without having to worry about sauce at the end.

Dropped the wings in the fryer after about 2 hours on the smoker. Dusted both of the rubbed wings with the same rubs and tossed the plain in butter and franks red hot.

Had to throw some green on the plate to call it a meal

And packed up the leftovers in lunch/snack packs

Best of the bunch honestly was the rib rub with a little Famous Daves Natural Sweet

Looks fantastic,
Deep frying to finish is a bit like a reverse sear I think.
I must try that

Man this looks awesome! Good job! Love the idea of freezing the wings afterwards! Gonna have to stock up on Wings now!

Dropped the wings in the fryer after about 2 hours on the smoker. Dusted both of the rubbed wings with the same rubs and tossed the plain in butter and franks red hot.

Had to throw some green on the plate to call it a meal

And packed up the leftovers in lunch/snack packs

Best of the bunch honestly was the rib rub with a little Famous Daves Natural Sweet
That's what I'm talking about. Wings just don't get any better than that.

those all look great but I want the ones in the middle foil pan :wink:

Looks great but needed a bite shot! How do they reheat after being frozen?

^^ This.

I love the idea of the lunch packs. Those all look awesome!

I don't think I've ever tried anything that's been fried after having been smoked. How was it?

Back