A little deep dish on the Komodo Kamado

bosco0633

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Made my first deep dish using homemade dough and sauce, mixed in some mushrooms, green olives, pepperoni, and hot peppers. I cooked this on the 23" Komodo Kamado at 475 degrees for 45 min. Loved this cook... after first one, there is always room for improvement. I can't wait to give it another go

miywobradfq3.jpeg

image.jpeg.6a6d06dd1e7ea7631a4fc4bb27071662.jpeg

crffrkclcza7.jpeg

image.jpeg.e1ca328d438648dd5724c06514ddb5a3.jpeg

Great looking pie. And a great looking unit as well. Those Kamodo Kamados are bad to the bottom.

thanks so much. I absolutely love my komodo Kamado setup. I had a ton of cookers but I am down to these two now. And I have no regrets.

IMG_5453.jpg

Brother that is a beautiful setup you have there. You should be proud sir.

Beautiful set up!
Your pizza looks delicious too.

Thanks very much.

I have gone through a BBQ journey with all sorts of grills. When I stumbled into the Kamado cooker I knew it was the right grill for me. I started with one brand and fell in love with the Komodo Kamado.

The rest is history

I've got a ceramic deep dish that I've been meaning to give a try, your post is nudging me closer.

Just remember with the ceramic to lube it up with some butter or oil before adding the dough. I like these non stick pans as it slid right out.

Just remember with the ceramic to lube it up with some butter or oil before adding the dough. I like these non stick pans as it slid right out.
This has the plus of making a crust that is crisp on the outside, like a Detroit style pizza.

Have you ever added any oil to the inside outer rim of the crust? Trying to think if that would re-create the old pizza hut or Uno style crust.

BTW: Great looking pizza.

Back