A Bacon, Garlic, Scallion, Pepperjack Pull Bread

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
jeanie
Just a snack. Well, I guess it was actually my supper one night. :grin:

Fried the bacon, cooked scallions and garlic in the bacon drippings (butter added) til they were tender...

pull%20bread%20006res_zpsvnvztbhz.jpg

pull%20bread%20003res_zps1d1gmmih.jpg

pull%20bread%20008res_zpsxxvrsrsn.jpg

Made slits in the bread (not all the way through to the bottom), then filled the bread with pepperjack, mozzarella and provolone cheese...

pull%20bread%20011res_zpsx5cqauon.jpg

pull%20bread%20018res_zpsbwvcue95.jpg

Spooned the sauteed garlic and scallions into the bread slits..... and poured the extra butter/bacon drippings over the top..

pull%20bread%20020res_zps7zgumuew.jpg

Into the drum with a bit of hickory. I covered the bread with foil for the first 15 min, then removed the foil and let the loaf smoke til hot and slightly crisp.

pull%20bread%20028res_zpswc9izcu0.jpg

Smoked the loaf til the cheese was hot and bubbly and the bread was heated through...

pull%20bread%20033res_zpsaaq7lmc6.jpg

Topped with the crisp bacon and more scallions.
That's it. Supper!

pull%20bread%20044res_zpskwvae2hv.jpg

pull%20bread%20047res_zpsq7cube0n.jpg

I pulled a piece while the cheese was nice and gooey...

pull%20bread%20050res_zpsryzdvtxv.jpg

pull%20bread%20059res_zpspo3iizqb.jpg

pull%20bread%20057res_zpsyvamuze6.jpg

I love hot bread, the butter and bacon drippings soaked into the loaf just send it over the top for me. I liked the bite from the pepperjack too.
It's easy for me to have a few slices with a glass of wine and call it supper. :grin:

Thanks for looking!

Thanks for posting this Jeanie! It has been too long since I last copied your recipe for this pull bread. Son #1 and his SO are coming to visit this weekend and I think some pull bread will go well with the ribeyes....

If that's not the best bread concoction/creation I don't know what is. Excellent Neighbor!!

Good LORD I want that in my tummy!

Thanks Chris! If I had any left, I'd send ya a slice. :becky:

Thanks for posting this Jeanie! It has been too long since I last copied your recipe for this pull bread. Son #1 and his SO are coming to visit this weekend and I think some pull bread will go well with the ribeyes....

That's great!! Nice that your son is visiting and I hope the bread turns out well for you. Thanks so much! :mrgreen:

If that's not the best bread concoction/creation I don't know what is. Excellent Neighbor!!

Thank you Neighbor!! :hug::mrgreen: Other cheeses would be tasty in this but I seem to go with what I have on hand.
Hope you're keeping cool Sako. :thumb:

Thank you Neighbor!! :hug::mrgreen: Other cheeses would be tasty in this but I seem to go with what I have on hand.
Hope you're keeping cool Sako. :thumb:

Love it! That's pretty much what I do.

I'vebeen so busy lately that I don't even feel the heat. :biggrin1:

Love it! That's pretty much what I do.

I'vebeen so busy lately that I don't even feel the heat. :biggrin1:

Shoot! Hope it's the good kind of busy and not the work kind. :mrgreen:

Pull apart bread is all the rage here and its very tasty.
We Like your Bacon idea, I'm going to steal that.
looks delicious
We make it with lots of Garlic, great with Pasta

Back