Discussion Thread -> "Special Rules Clusterfark!" Throwdown (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*)

Peeps, if you calculate the total thickness of your steak and divide it by the circumference of your plate and multiply that by the size of your potato (in millimeters) you will have your answer. Obviously, if the number is less than the number of votes you received in the first throwdown you ever entered in a month with an E in it, you are fine with 2 steaks, given they are from the left side of the cow, and it's a Thursday. Hope this clears things up.

I was told there would be no math. :tsk:

And where's the cake? :confused:

:becky:

Sorry Ron. Cake will not be accepted as a green vegetable, even if it has green frosting. I am amazed at how many people have asked me that question. One guy wanted to know if a picture of a vegtable would be ok.. (The answer is maybe. But if better be a really nice picture... Like a Ceyzanne still life or some chit)

Whew!!!! Plenty of those in the fridge!!!! Do I just carry it until the carrier is empty?

Or to my house. I will trade you for a calculator that works so you can figure out your ribeye problem.

Or to my house. I will trade you for a calculator that works so you can figure out your ribeye problem.
then I better wait until the last weekend....I ain't walkin to Greyslake with just a six pack in this weather!

If you're bringing beer, I don't care how you get here peeps. Car, plane, bus, train.. All acceptable, as long as you bring beer.

What's a ribeye? Do we need to include the packaging.
Edit- What I meant to ask was what determines it visibly, can we just trust the non-butchers have labeled it correctly.
$10.00/lb on sale. I'll watch this one.

What's a ribeye? Do we need to include the packaging.
Edit- What I meant to ask was what determines it visibly, can we just trust the non-butchers have labeled it correctly.

Just saw your edit, Dads.. Since I didn't include it in the rules, the honor system is in effect for whether or not it is, in fact, a ribeye.. As is the thickness of your steak. That being said, given the audience, trying to pull a fast one would be ill advised. This group of carnivores knows their steaks!

$10.00/lb on sale. I'll watch this one.
good price!

Rules don't call for a label. Ribeye is pretty easy to identify. Let's not over complicate the over complicated TD :wink: :rofl:

good price!

Rules don't call for a label. Ribeye is pretty easy to identify. Let's not over complicate the over complicated TD :wink: :rofl:
I'm not a beef eater. Maybe once a year for steak, so I thought I would ask. Never can tell what I will find marked down. Otherwise, steak, potato, and a salad is one of the better choices for a throw down.

give???? You got earn that ish!!!!

I concur with peeps. :nod:

We don't hand out Dilly's willy-nilly around here...

YodaBarDilly_zpsluvuxgvh.jpg

Since there really isn't any way to convert inches to a metric equivalent, and no way to measure in English measurements out side of the US, I guess all overseas meat will need to be mailed to the mods for inspection and approval before proceeding. Please include a self addressed stamped envelope so they can mail your steak back to you.

Since there really isn't any way to convert inches to a metric equivalent, and no way to measure in English measurements out side of the US, I guess all overseas meat will need to be mailed to the mods for inspection and approval before proceeding. Please include a self addressed stamped envelope so they can mail your steak back to you.

So will their steak have to be 1 in. thick before or after handling by the USPS?

My tape measure is dual purpose, metric one one side and inches on the other, therefore anything over 2.54 CM will qualify. Now only to find a ribeye, Does bone in qualify? Bone in Entrecôte sounds yummy, pomme de terre, and legumes.

I'm on it!:-D

who's gonna get snagged by the "baked" potato....

define baked, can that be cooked on the grill? hmmmmm

What about the guys outside of the US? Do they have to buy a US Ribeye or can they buy the equivalent Metric ribeye?

:twisted:
One of the weird things I know is that, in Australia, it's called a Scotch fillet. Math class taught me that 1" equals 2.54 cm, so they can play.

Back