New kitchen toys- mostly

Never seen anyone cook with 22LRs.
Should be interesting...
picture.php

What's the occasion?

My wife constantly checks my sons pockets before doing laundry for the fear of sending a live round through the laundry!
Cracks me up!

You have good taste in pans, Mauviel's are one of the best. My late wife gave me a set for Christmas many years ago, love them!

If you could flip an egg with a 22 LR that would be youtube worthy! Just don't use that pan to do it.

Mauviel makes top of the line Pots and Pans. Enjoy your new toys

Since you have a reputation with cast iron around here, I'd be interested to know how you're going to season that pan. I just purchased and used a Matfer carbon steel skillet this past week. I went the flax oil route and cooking wise, nothing stuck but the seasoning was brittle and chipped while scraping the stubborn bits.

Since you have a reputation with cast iron around here, I'd be interested to know how you're going to season that pan. I just purchased and used a Matfer carbon steel skillet this past week. I went the flax oil route and cooking wise, nothing stuck but the seasoning was brittle and chipped while scraping the stubborn bits.

I barely seasoned my Matfer and had no problems at all... I cleaned it really, really well (I don't know what the heck that that wax is...).

Hit it with some olive oil and heated it up. Then started cooking... Quick shot of olive oil spray and nothing sticks to it....

I barely seasoned my Matfer and had no problems at all... I cleaned it really, really well (I don't know what the heck that that wax is...).

Hit it with some olive oil and heated it up. Then started cooking... Quick shot of olive oil spray and nothing sticks to it....
I used boiling water, dawn, and scrub brush so hopefully I got the protective wax off.

After noticing the seasoning 'chipped' a little, I used salt to flatten the areas around it (like you drywall mud) and did the salt/oil/potato seasoning on top of the remaining flax oil seasoning. I'm gonna use it tonight and see what happens.

/end tread hijack

Probably will wash/scrub hot water then lightly oil with coconut oil and into the oven at 350f to melt any wax I didn't get. Reoil and repeat a couple times- then cook some bacon

I'd take those .22s off your hands. :grin:
I like the way you shop Adams. :thumb:

Last count for my sons' .22LR M4 showed just north of 1,000.

Some of you folks still can't find it?

Back