Don't just cook a Ribeye, compete for the title of Ribeye Master!

Shagdog

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
If you're cooking a ribeye anyway, don't forget that this is the moth that you could be named the 2016 RIBEYE MASTER!!!!

Our new September Special TD category is..."2016 Ribeye Master!"

5312014BIGMEAT2_zpsd8b533bc.jpg

Snake River Farms Cowboy Ribeye

MASTER'S CUT CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING

Your entry must consist of Beef Ribeye Steak as an exclusive feature. It can either be boneless or bone-in, your choice.

2. You must cook the cut of meat using a charcoal and/or wood fired grill or smoker, or over an open wood fire.

3. Only one entry may be submitted per person.

[FONT=&quot]4. You must submit one photo of your cut of meat in raw form, another one while it is on the cooker, and one photo of your meat fully cooked. You can submit other photos if you wish, but you must include these 3 to showcase the piece of meat, how you're cooking it, and the result. In other words, your entry will include 3 photos, not one. If you do submit more than 3 photos, you must indicate which 3 will be used for judging or we will pick them for you. You are encouraged to post your full cook thread in QT, and link back here to this entry thread, but you MUST include these three photos in this entry thread. Here is an example from a previous Master's Cut TD Vote thread:

[/FONT]http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=101743

5. The meat must stand on its own. For your final photo, the meat must not be accompanied by any sides or garnish. It can be in whole form, or sliced and arranged as you wish.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 9/2/16 through the entry submission deadline of 12pm (NOON), Central US Time on Monday 10/3/16.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. (NOON) Central US Time on Monday10/3/16

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

If you are lucky enough to become the 2016 Ribeye master, you would also win -

1) The ultra rare, extremely cool, ever evolving, always different, and thus HIGHLY collectible Official BBQ Brethren Throwdown Certificate, now available in two distinct styles!
Just send me a PM with your email address, the name you want on the Cert, (can be your real name or Screen name) which style you want, and the name of your dish and you will receive it within 40,345 business days OR sooner!

[FONT=&quot]2). A $20 Tatonka Dust & Buffalo Wing package AND a choice of two Jerky seasonings AND two coozies!
[FONT=&quot]
OR:
[FONT=&quot]A $30 store credit + free shipping so you can [FONT=&quot]customize your prize!
[/FONT][/FONT] [/FONT] [/FONT] :clap2:

To accommodate non-U.S. Winners, Owens BBQ will provide a $30 Amazon e-gift card, to spend however they choose. :thumb:

You can check out the Owens BBQ Sales and Ventures page HERE, and you can also go directly to Owens BBQ to explore the great seasonings and brines they have available. :thumb:

So what are you waiting for? Come join the fun! Take a couple pictures of your next Ribeye cook and you could be a winner! :thumb:

Enter here- http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=235992

Who needs an excuse to cook a ribeye this weekend?? You're welcome..

I've never done a throwdown on here but with the Mrs out of town late next week and me scratching my head as to what to do while playing Mr. Mom at home this seems like a good distraction!

Actually, I was planning on cooking a Rib eye this evening on my SM Pit. Be curious as to whether or not I can remember to take the correct photos. Then, a very big IF I am brave enough to post them. :biggrin1:

Sometimes they come out real purty. Sometimes, not so much.

....but they usually come out tasting great.

Actually, I was planning on cooking a Rib eye this evening on my SM Pit. Be curious as to whether or not I can remember to take the correct photos. Then, a very big IF I am brave enough to post them. :biggrin1:

Sometimes they come out real purty. Sometimes, not so much.

....but they usually come out tasting great.

:pop2:

OK, quick question.

Of the 3 required photos, the first says it should be of the Beef in "Raw Form".

Is it ok to post a picture of the Rib eye with seasoning, or does it have to be "nekid"?

I took a bunch of pictures last night and I'm going through them. I'll have to spend a bit of time organizing them and getting them uploaded to PB, then see if I can make a decent post here.

Wish me luck. Me and Photobucket are getting along better, but it's certainly not second nature yet. :oops:

I think as long as it is raw/not cooked yet, you are good whether it is nekkid or with rub/seasoning/marinade. I'm just going off previous Masters throw down entries that I've seen. But definitely get a shot on the cooker, and definitely get one of the meat by itself. No side items should be in your third and final entry pic. Otherwise you'll get DQ'd. Best of luck! And have fun with it! Looking forward to seeing your entry!

OK, here it goes. Just going to submit the 3 required photos in this post for the throwdown, then a couple of others (Should I make a separate thread for the cook?)

#1) Raw Meat

I seasoned it with Jocko's blend
#2) Cooking on the Santa Maria pit over a mix of Red Oak, Mesquite, and Competion blend.

#3) Final product resting on the cutting board.

Guess I'll go with #2 as being my "Official" photo for the entry.

All in all, lots of fun. I got too wrapped up in taking pictures on the grill and forgot to work on my sides. Resulted in a slightly longer rest on the Rib eye than I wanted and it got a bit more towards Medium Rare that the Rare I normally enjoy.

John,

Glad to see you got in on this one!

This is actually not the entry thread - just an announcement thread. The entry thread is in the Throwdown sub-forum, which is here:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=235992

Please go ahead and repost there as an official entry...

OK, here it goes. Just going to submit the 3 required photos in this post for the throwdown, then a couple of others (Should I make a separate thread for the cook?)

#1) Raw Meat

I seasoned it with Jocko's blend
#2) Cooking on the Santa Maria pit over a mix of Red Oak, Mesquite, and Competion blend.

#3) Final product resting on the cutting board.

Guess I'll go with #2 as being my "Official" photo for the entry.

All in all, lots of fun. I got too wrapped up in taking pictures on the grill and forgot to work on my sides. Resulted in a slightly longer rest on the Rib eye than I wanted and it got a bit more towards Medium Rare that the Rare I normally enjoy.

I'll post tonight's cook, but it was pretty dark, not sure about it. But if I cook another one in daylight before the cutoff, I might switch.

Back