THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1buckie

Babbling Farker
Here's a fun one...
1) Habanero peppers, I try to get the largest ones I can find
2) Bacon, I use a medium thin so it cooks thru without taking forever
3) Cream Cheese, spiced or unspiced, your choice; I use it straight for these, as there's enough spice going on already, plus you can taste the blueberries better
4) Blueberries

Cut top & split in half, scrape seeds & membrane on peppers

Dollop of Cr Cheese

Add berries

Wrap fairly tight, usually 1/3 ~ 1/2 strip of bacon

Smoke From 190° ~ 235° 'till desired doneness for bacon

AfferMemorialsJuly2012030.jpg

AfferMemorialsJuly2012032.jpg

I much prefer these ( as all 'turds) smoked, but you could indirect grill or even at a bit higher heat,
shorter time, in the oven

AfferMemorialsJuly2012033.jpg

The blueberries distract ya, while th top of yer head blows off..............

AfferMemorialsJuly2012045.jpg

They ride in the little bus, to keep separate is a good idea, I've found, so folks don't get caught unaware !!!

AfferMemorialsJuly2012048.jpg

Oh, by the way......

....................those habanero dessert 'turds are REALLY hot !!!

Jan29Danaedad096.jpg

TX, NeilH.....they are really good !!!!

TX, smokainmuskoka..........hilarious, yes............they've always gone on as "Dessert 'Turds, but I'm game !!!

TX, cowgirl !!!!

Yes, the bacon & smokiness first, then the spice & heat of the hab, which is then mixed with the gentle explosion of the berries......also done with strawberries, but not quite as good because the berry juice just doesn't flow the same.......blackberries are somewhere in between the two...........

PBampJTurds4-14-2013001.jpg

That's them in the front, in the background are peanut butter & jelly 'Turds with a P. B. C. T. (Peanut Butter Control 'Turd ) also visible.....

PBampJTurds4-14-2013014.jpg

PBampJTurds4-14-2013020.jpg

Molly Malone was waiting patiently in anticipation....

PBampJTurds4-14-2013023.jpg

Back