Bacon wrapped stuffed chicken breasts

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
There’s a “cured” throwdown in progress so I decided to try something a little bit different for dinner. I was thumbing through my America’s Test Kitchen cookbook and found a ham and cheese stuffed chicken breast recipe that I adapted a bit.

I started out by pounding out chicken breast cutlets to about 1/4” thick then seasoned one side with salt and pepper. I caramelized some onions on the stove and then mixed them into whipped cream cheese, grated Australian grass fed cow cheddar cheese (ALDI find), and thyme. Then I spread the cheese mixture onto each chicken breast and put a slice of ham on top. I rolled each breast up and wrapped a couple strips of bacon around them.

I put them in the Primo cooking indirect at 450*, then finished direct a couple minutes per side. I was concerned that the cheese mixture might ooze out but it ended up not being a problem. The cheese and ham gave it a really good flavor. Served with a mix of potatoes, mushrooms, and green beans and then a side salad topped with bacon crumbles.

It was pretty good, I’ll be making these again :thumb: thanks for lookin’

Oh yes! Everything looking spectacular.

What a coincidence because I binge watched America's Test Kitchen episodes this whole weekend.

Oh yes! Everything looking spectacular.

What a coincidence because I binge watched America's Test Kitchen episodes this whole weekend.

Great show. My cookbook is the 2017 edition, may be time to gift it to someone and get the latest.

Back