THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bbq.tom

is Blowin Smoke!
Hillsborough, NC (UNC "TarHeel" country!)
Anyone going to Monroe this weekend to either cook or judge the "Beach, Blues & BBQ" competition? After several years of being either sanctioned by non-KCBS or non-sanctioned period, they will have the "new" North Carolina BBQ Association run the judging of this contest.

I will be there to judge and hope to see some other Brethren there as well.

Tom - I think people may be confused because Monroe is near Charlotte and well the beach isn't. :p

Tom - I think people may be confused because Monroe is near Charlotte and well the beach isn't. :p

Hey George, I totally understand, I have no idea how they came up with that title.

Not much else going on this weekend around here, so I thought judging this would be interesting. NCBBQA judging is different than anything else I judge, so I'm looking forward to it.

I'm ready for another dinner with you and Gore whenever.

I didn't know about it, guess cause I haven't looked at the NCBBQ website in a while. I need to change that!!! Good luck buttburners, we missed you and Tom in KM. I guess we were too busy prepping for all that rain we got and we cooked a catering gig that Friday too.

I stopped by after judging, but y'all were so busy packing up that I didn't want to interrupt.
We stayed through the award ceremony, then headed home.

Never did find "Fire by Night".

I was team #6 in spot #18. We don't have a banner or shirts or anything like that. Probably why you never saw us. I was cooking on the only Lang 36 patio. Took 2nd in ribs and 3rd in chicken and 7th overall in my first ever comp.

I was team #6 in spot #18. We don't have a banner or shirts or anything like that. Probably why you never saw us. I was cooking on the only Lang 36 patio. Took 2nd in ribs and 3rd in chicken and 7th overall in my first ever comp.

No wonder I didn't see you. I'm sure I did, but just didn't know.
Congrats on the walks!!! I have no idea who's entries I judged, but I had some really good ribs! Best I've had yet this year (I've judged 7 contests so far this year), and the pork and chicken weren't too bad too.
Nice little contest.

Back