THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do you think you need a 1/2 box Reno? I could swear we went through this a few years ago with your Gator Pit.

1/4 box and tuning plates. 1/2 box in not need in our area.

Zilla, congrats on your win at the SA cookoff. Outstanding man!! I never ordered the pit. Got layed off and was unemployed for almost two years. Im now back on my feet, and I wanted a Gator but, just cant afford what I want. I ordered the pit already and theyre gonna start building it on the 20th. I have until then to decide if I want the half inch.

defiantly firebox.... plates can come later if u want it, but for backyard cooking, which can more often require different temps, i like the heat zones of and untuned offset.

Tuning plates are so easy to make. You can get some 3/16" or 1/4" x 4"x 36" flat stock at lowes. What are they charging for the plates? I would go with the firebox option, you'll have better heat control and save on fuel in the short run really.

Back