THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I usually inject with the grain. I think it is pretty hard to inject against the grain. I usually inject a little then move over an inch or so. Inject a little more until I am all the way across the flat then move up maybe two inches and go across again. Repeat until you have covered the whole thing. I am sure there are several ways to inject so I do not think you can screw it up.

I usually inject with the grain. I think it is pretty hard to inject against the grain. I usually inject a little then move over an inch or so. Inject a little more until I am all the way across the flat then move up maybe two inches and go across again. Repeat until you have covered the whole thing. I am sure there are several ways to inject so I do not think you can screw it up.
Does it streak? That is my biggest concern.

Does it Streak?

I take my time during withdrawal, then without pulling comepletly out, I go back in at a different angle, sometimes getting three or four different angles before poking a new hole.

Also consider setting some of your juice aside and shooting the brisket again during the plateau.

Some folks shoot it right through the cryo, but I like to wash off the purge. I use a service tub which saves cleaning the walls and your tee shirt.

DSC01857a.jpg

Well, sometimes. Really depends on what you are injecting with. I am a Fab B lite user and if I inject and then stick in the fridge for 4 or 5 hours before you throw it on it usually is not noticeable. I have injected with other things and it is more noticeable. I would suggest you try with whatever you are going to inject with.

I take my time during withdrawal, then without pulling comepletly out, I go back in at a different angle, sometimes getting three or four different angles before poking a new hole.
Ok to Paraphrase you.....:rolleyes:

BigMista showed us how he injects from the side with the grain to avoid streaks.

Back