THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nosmo King

Knows what a fatty is.
my wife has just informed me that we have company tonight and that i am to barbecue something. we've got some chicken quarters. i dont get home till almost dinner time, any ideas on how to make some great grilled chicken quick?

I cooked some legs and thighs last night on my Memphis Pro (pellet grill) at 425 and they were done in about 30 minutes (180 internal). That was faster than i expected so i held them at 180 until the rest of the meal was done. They were good, but the skin was a little tough. I think they cooked too fast and the fat hadn't rendered yet.

If you have a heavy cast iron skillet or a big stone you can make a quick chicken under a brick. Shortens the cooking time a lot. Make a quick lemon, rosemary, garlic wet rub and coat. Comes out great. I do half chickens this way so I am sure it would work w quarters. Cook on the grill around 375-400 degrees and use a probe to check temp when done.

Back