Wild Fork - check your weights

Mikhail

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Mik
I've ordered several bags of peeled and deveined shrimp from Wild Fork For the recipe I'm making tomorrow night I need to be a bit more exacting on the weight of the shrimp. Usually I just dump a bunch in.

SO I got a full bag and a partial one out, and put each onthe scale.

13.9 oz for a 16 oz bag. Hmm... And the bags are pretty thick, so I'm guessing my pound is light 3 oz, almost 20%. Emailing with customer service. They have switched websites this year so my 2023 orders are not viewable, only 2022. Could be growing pains, but it will pay to double check them for a while.

395823067_10161028704081341_6233658162181562073_n.jpg

I LOVE wildforks I just got a bone in turkey breast for turkey day and some more chicken breast strips uncooked. The prices are fantastic they always ome with dry ice in the box. The way they charge and their weights took me a bit to get used to but i understand how it works now, I would HIGHLY recommend them

Mik, I have made that error too! That pounds-ounces, partial ounce reading can lead to confusion and confusion already has a head start on me......

That is one of the reasons why I use the metric system for weighing things in grams instead of ounces/pounds. No decimals to deal with for partial measurements when dividing something into equal portions. Makes for easier divisions too as there are no conversions to make like our system of pounds and ounces requires.

My guess is that the empty bag won’t even register on your scale. You did OK, for sure.

one day I was making bread. I was converting the volume measures to weight but had a brain fart during the process. I converted ounces in volume to grams in weight.

Speaking of their website update, I do have a gripe with them. They are sending email links saying to update password and payment method. That is a huge no no. That's how Phishing scams work. They should not be sending a link in an email. They should just direct you to the website to make the changes.

But I have checked their weights and it's been very consistent. I just wish they sold whole pork belly and not just the berkshire expensive version. They do sell pork belly strips but when I make bacon I want a whole belly.

Well crap, I just checked the website and they do have ABF pork belly for $6.78/lb. I generally pay about $5/lb but this will work.

I've been pretty pleased with their beef and seafood, not so much the pork. They also have a lot of things I really love in miscellaneous, like their frozen garlic, Key Lime pie from my favorite maker in the Keys, these creamy potato stacks that are great, lots of stuff. Their venison tenderloin was excellent.

Speaking of their website update, I do have a gripe with them. They are sending email links saying to update password and payment method. That is a huge no no. That's how Phishing scams work. They should not be sending a link in an email. They should just direct you to the website to make the changes.

But I have checked their weights and it's been very consistent. I just wish they sold whole pork belly and not just the berkshire expensive version. They do sell pork belly strips but when I make bacon I want a whole belly.

Well crap, I just checked the website and they do have ABF pork belly for $6.78/lb. I generally pay about $5/lb but this will work.

Yeah, I 100% don't click **** like that LOL. I got a 5 lb pork belly in my freezer for them for burnt ends. I love their chicken seems to be what I buy the most

Negolien, that's interesting. I'm not sure I've ever tried their chicken. What products do you like?

Back