THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KClandcruiser

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Erik
Went to the store on Friday and they happened to have tomahawk ribeyes on sale for 9.99/lb. That sealed my fate for that meal

Ended up with this one, weighed in at 2.4 lbs and was a little over 2" thick

0GPERUmh.jpg

Pre salted and let sit out for about an hour. When ready, lit the grill with the turbo flame

m7yM8c0h.jpg

Once that was ready I mixed up a 1/2 a stick of butter/ about the equivalent amount of olive oil, a tablespoon of oakridge santa maria rub and 8 cloves of garlic into a bowl that I set on the indirect side of the grill.

I went with the forward sear and flipped every 30 seconds. Once the crust was where I wanted, I moved it to the indirect side and started basting.

Here's right after coming off the grill

BgL62d7h.jpg

After a 10 minute rest and slicing, here she is

up1ww5Nh.jpg

This got served with a twice baked potato

Then, was turned into some awesome steak and bacon breakfast tacos the next day. Will definitely be doing this again

That is an awesome looking cook, and the doneness looks perfect! The crust looks great as well and no doubt added another flavor dimension.

This cook is perfect! Love the idea of the butter and garlic and rub.

Thanks Joedy! I think it definitely added to the overall experience. I was worried about charring with the Santa Maria rub having some sugar in it, so I figured why not add it after i was done with direct heat. Plus, I had confited garlic to rub on some bread to go with the steak. I will definitely be doing this method again

Back