THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jzadski

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Joe
Well, I have to say the wife outdid herself this year. I have been wanting a nice cutting board for some time now and she got me a 2x15x22 beaut. (You all are a bad influence :becky: ) I used to work with wood quite a bit. She knows my favorite is walnut and I have a special place for purple heart as purple is my favorite color. So that is what the cutting board is made of. Walnut is the main with maple and purple heart inlay. The board maker is Bletzacker's Woodshop in Columbus OH. I saw his work on a Traeger Live.
Thanks for looking and I hopxe everyone has a Wonderful Christmas!!!

Attachments

Wow! That's a piece that should be on display.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Yes. But it would be a shame to not use it.

Do you have a website that I can look at a board for my son in law?

The wife had it all figured out and it is indeed on display against the back splash next to the fridge. Yes, it will be used for sure. Here is the site, it's via Facebook. The wife said he is excellent about returning emails, very cordial and accommodating. He will post the progress of the board too.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/bletzackerswoodshop/posts/

Beautiful board, Joe!

There's something about woodworkers, their right of passage and making cutting boards. I just made my first end grain checkerboard cutting board but it's pitiful compared to that one. I also made a small charcuterie board out of scrap wood. Keeps me busy in the shop.

I don't know whether to tell you to use that board or just set it out for display. I'm leaning towards use it.

That thing is beautiful Joe! Now you are stuck trying to compete with that with something for her, ha! I'd have a hard time using it too, but it was built to be used. So use it with pride!

Back